Thursday, February 11, 2010

Warning.


Don't you wish you could warn people about certain things? Or even certain people? So many times I have to sit back and watch people go through things I've already been through because they wouldn't listen to you if you did try to warn them. They see you as a back stabber if you try to tell them how people are or will be. So you have to just sit back and watch them go through the same hurts that you've already experienced. It amazing how quickly someone can convince you with their words that they are a "good person" and then in no time flat you see that they are the complete opposite. I have been through my share of disappointments but I've also come to realize that my up's have been WAY better then my down's. I tend to be a little negative sometimes without even thinking about it. I always think about the negative just in case things go wrong then I won't be too disappointed. But I have gotten much better about staying positive even in crappy situations! I've learned that rolling around in self pity or "why me's?" it gets me no where. But holding my head up and moving on without looking back gets you to your next destination much quicker!
I recently went through a situation with someone I know, and at first I was kinda bummed. Well, maybe for less then a day but I thought it was sad at first. Although I knew that this person was bad news and had done nothing but try to tear me down from the start. It's always hard to let go of something you've put a lot of effort into. But in the midst of such a negative experience I gained back a friend I thought I had lost. Someone who helped me out so much - I don't even think she knows to this day how much she saved me! I probably would still be in a friendless depression if it hadn't been for her and her little girl! Gianna gained a friend and so did I back then....and now they are back in our lives (+ another sweet little girl to add to the collection!) and I couldn't feel happier! My life is headed in an upward direction now, in a positive light and I am so grateful for that!
I've wondered so many times why people create a "world" around themselves and won't let anyone else in. They become obsessed with a certain thing or a certain person and that's all they see. I can't imagine that because as much as I love my family and like to do things with them I know there is more out there then just that. I enjoy making friends and being "out" there. And someone told me the other day that people who create a "world" for themselves and wrap themselves in it are simply so insecure about themselves that the place they create is the only place they feel safe and secure about themselves. They feel the need to attack other people because they feel it's the only way they can make themselves look better or feel good. I hurt for people like that. Because in the end their lives aren't going to be as full as they pretend they are.
Here is my "warning" to you - watch out for people who are obsessed by something, in the end that obsession will push you out, always. Always keep your heart open, open to people around you. At some point you will need someone else in your life. Always think of others before yourself - it sounds so simple but more often then not we think about ourselves long before we think of what we can do for others. When you stop focusing on what you are getting you can bless someone else!

1 comment: