Sunday, February 7, 2010

Dreaming of Sleep....

Any time Gianna changes up her normal sleeping habits it totally throws a kink in my plans....at this moment she's done just that and I'm exhausted. I let her stay up late with me because normally she'll sleep a little later or at least til normal time around 7:30am. I let her stay up til 11:30pm and she was wide awake yelling for me at 6:30am. And it didn't help that even though I went to bed when she did I didn't actually fall asleep til about 1am. Gosh, I'm going to need a nap or something. I can't stop yawning and my eyes feeling puffy and tired. I do not do well on shortened amount of sleep. Every time Gianna wakes me up early I feel a renewed sense of admiration for my friends who have new babies and are up and down several times a night. I don't know how they function!
But on a good note Gianna did stay dry all night, and went to the potty when she got up this morning. I think the key is to make sure she doesn't have anything major to drink about an hour before bed, make sure she goes before she gets in bed and I may start waking her up right before I go to bed around 11pm and make her go one more time before settling in completely for the night. I'd really like for her to have this down by the time her 3rd birthday rolls around. Potty training has been the longest and hardest thing I've attempted to teach her so far. It's taken almost an entire year for her to get it. I never saw that coming at all. I didn't expect her to get it overnight but I thought we'd have it down in a month or so for sure.
Going to help my mother in law after church with some computer work....good luck to me! Lol! I'm only staying for a couple of hours while Gianna takes a nap. And then I'm coming home to help get Super Bowl snacks made for Beej and his dad and my sis. I'm excited about the boiled shrimp because it's something I can have and it's a kinda special treat because I don't normally buy stuff like that! And all the new commercials will be fun too of course!
I've recently been listening to a band called Iron & Wine. I'm totally lovin' their sound. Very soothing and mellow. I was first introduced to them on the Twilight sound track, they sang the main ending song during the movie and I just fell in love with it! Since then Beej has found some of their music and I started listening to it and really like it.
My computer is on the fritz right now. I've picked up a TON of viruses and some Trojans it seems so my computer is completely whacked out. So I've got to get it fixed but it won't be cheap so it may be a week or two before I get it done. I hate being without my computer though, all my pictures and everything I feel comfortable with. Although I am getting more and more comfortable using Beej's Mac. He's taught me a few little things here and there. We are both kinda hoping that I can get a Mac soon myself. They are a little pricey but it would be so cool to have one! I've gotten where I really like them and it may be a little hard getting used to using mine again whenever that might be!
Gotta run get something for breakfast and start getting ready for church, if I can keep my eyes open, that is!

1 comment:

  1. a bit pricey, but only because they are loaded with stuff. And they are about 97% less likely to catch a virus! You would look good with one ;-)

    ReplyDelete