Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Black Bean Soup Recipe


I thought I would share my black bean soup recipe. It's so simple, quick, filling and very low calorie! I whipped it up in less then 5 minutes, and it took about 10 minutes to heat it throughly. And it tasted so yummy! Perfect for today. And something a little new for me......

Black Bean Soup

2- 15 ounce cans of black beans
2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
1 cup of salsa (Med or hot if you want a little kick!)
1 Tsp. paprika

In a blender lightly puree' 1 can of black beans, the chicken broth and the salsa. Pour into a soup pot and add the other can of black beans. Heat for about 10 minutes on medium heat until hot!
Garnish with about a tablespoon of sour cream and salt and pepper to taste!
1 1/2 cups has 165 calories. (Extra calories for sour cream).

I served mine with a half of sandwich.
1 slice whole wheat bread (lightly toasted)
Mustard
Thin sliced turkey
A couple of thin slices of avocado

Oh, so yummy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment