Thursday, February 4, 2010

Thoughts for the future.....


So Beej and I have been talking and thinking about creating what we call our two year plan. Sitting down and deciding where we hope to be in two years and exactly how we plan to get there. We are in the midst of trying to establish credit because we've done everything complete debt and credit card free up until just a few months ago. But we decided it was important to do this so that when we do finally go to buy a house or even a car we have something backing us up. We are struggling to decide whether or not we want to plan to buy a home here, where we are living now, or if we want to plan to be moved by then. We both feel like if we don't move out of this town by the time Gianna starts school that we never will. We will always talk about it and wish we had but we won't actually do it. The though of moving excites me and scares me at the same time. I struggle with change, I don't like the unknown but I'm learning more and more from experience that it's usually not nearly as bad as I build it up in my head! Whatever we do or wherever we go we do want to start saving for a down payment towards a house soon. I think I'm starting to be ready for our own place, the idea scares me some because we will be completely responsible for it ALL but at the same time it would be nice to have the freedom to do as we want with a place and to have some sort of yard for Gianna to play in. We have thought about moving back to Huntsville, AL because we both love it there so much and I have family all around there. We've also thought about Nashville, TN because we both love that area but that would be moving somewhere completely unknown to both of us and I'm not sure I'm quite ready for that big of a change. But we are still thinking and praying about it all. For now it's ideas.
I've also been thinking about going back to school for something - I've thought about massage therapy because I do enjoy that a lot but at the same time I'm not positive. Plus it would be a lot of hours just like Cosmetology school was. I have thought about going into something like personal training or teaching or even into something like a nutritionist. I honestly haven't looked into what all it would take, I'm not even sure how to look all that up but I am interested. I feel like having the knowledge myself will not only let me help others but also help myself even more. I just feel like I have such a long way to go before I have any room to talk to and help others. But I would like to possibly get into it before Gianna actually goes to school so that I could be working by the time she starts. It's weird thinking that isn't that far away.....*sigh* I don't think I'll go back into Cosmetology unless we did move back to Huntsville. I let me license expire mainly because at the time that it expired I just didn't have the money to renew it and I was going to have to change my state creditals because I was in a different state then what I was originally licensed in and NC is a pain in the neck when it comes to that kinda thing so at the time I knew I wouldn't be going back to work for awhile so I just let it go. If I do renew it at some point I'll probably have to take some refresher courses to get it back but that's ok, I'll probably need some! I know I'm already a little rusty. But even though that's a good job or whatever, it's not where my heart is. But to be honest, I'm not exactly sure where my heart is.....still trying to figure that one out!

No comments:

Post a Comment