Saturday, February 20, 2010

By Faith....





I got inked again tonight! I love the adrenaline rush that comes with it! It's so exciting! I love getting tattooed here in Savannah, Ga. I guess because I got my first here so there is something more exciting about having it done here. I went to shop I'd never been to, my old tat artist isn't at the shop I went to the first time anymore. I was kinda sad about that but the guy I went to tonight was really good, kinda quiet and a slow worker but he did a good job. I'd rather him be slow and do a good job then go to fast and mess it up!
So my tattoo is of a closed eye......it has multiple meanings. I guess the first being that "we walk by faith, not by sight." So many times in my life, for some many different reasons, I've had to simply trust God to take care of me, to take care of my needs (and even wants sometime) and He has never failed me! He is faithful and my faith in Him has never wavered. Even through my up's and down's I've never blamed God, He is my source of strength and provision. But I don't always "see" the path He has for me - so I have to close my eyes and trust Him to lead the way!
The second meaning is to remind me not to always base things on what I see around me....often our circumstances or the images we see around us cause us to take a step back and not do things we often should step out in faith and do. This tattoo is to remind me to close my eyes and take a leap of faith sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. Its soo pretty and I love where you placed it! I can't wait to go get mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girls! I am dying for you to go get one, Clarissa!!!!

    ReplyDelete