Monday, March 1, 2010

Gotta Have My Blue Jeans!




I LOVE blue jeans! To me jeans can be worn anyway you want - dressed up, casual, grundy, preppy, emo, vintage, etc. I wear jeans to church in a dressed up kinda way and then every other way during the week! I've worn pretty much every style of jean too and still do. Luckily, even though some "styles" become more popular for the time really no kind of jean goes completely out of style! For the past few years I've worn bootcut jeans. They are still my favorite! But I have tried skinny jeans and I like those if I'm wanting to look a little preppy. I went through a skinny jean phase not to long ago mainly because I was just excited I could wear them! Lol! Flares kinda balance you out if you have bigger hips like I do. But you have to make sure they are TOO big of a flare. You can never go wrong with a good pair of jeans. It's funny to watch how people who are "stuck" on one style of jean suddenly try another just because you do - I think it's key to really do research when it comes to jeans. Figure out your body type and then look it up. It's amazing how much info Google has for you! Bootcut are ultimately the best jean for me because I have average shoulders, slightly larger hips and skinny legs - bootcut balance me out without overwhelming me! Plus a lower rise that sits just below my belly button keeps me from having gaps in the waistband which is a big problem I have. Right now my current size jeans still fit in my thighs, which are pretty muscular, but they are way too big in the waist right now. I guess I could have a worse problem but it's so annoying sometimes!
Really and truly the only people that should wear skinny jeans are really skinny people! Lol! I guess that's why they are called skinny jeans - if you are a super then, straight figure they over emphasize whatever your "problem" are is - if you have large shoulder and no hips or butt skinny jeans just make your shoulders look even bigger! Or if you are pear shaped (smaller shoulder, larger hips) then it makes you hips look even wider, etc.
Flare are just more fun and a little "younger" looking. I own a pair of flares and although I will admit they make my legs look shorter I still like them because they make my hips look smaller! lol! Plus they were only $5 at Wal-Mart! Another key to jeans is making sure they are the right length. If you are going to wear them with heels take note of the length when you buy them. If you wear them with heels or boots make sure that they are long enough to just barely touch the ground when you are wearing your shoes. Nothing is worse then flooding jeans! If you plan to wear them with flats or tennis shoes make sure they are short enough to just touch the ground with shoes on - if you are really short like me then places like Old Navy have the great option of "short", "regular" or "long". This has been a lifesaver for me - For the most part I'm not having to cut off and re-hem my jeans. I did have to re-hem my $5 jeans but it was worth the few minutes of time! Don't roll your jeans up, that cuts off the leg, especially in short people. Most of the time a alterations shop will only charge a few dollars to hem your jeans if you don't have the time or don't want to take the time to hem them yourself.
Also, a quick tip for people losing weight but don't want to part with some of your shirts just yet - you can always take up the sides to make them smaller! I've done it with several of my shirts lately and I'm glad I did because they are shirts I really like!
So those are my fashion tips for the day! I guess I got started because I recently "saw" someone I knew who was always set on ONE style of jean - wore nothing else but has now decided on other styles and I just started thinking about all the different jean fashions and how hard it is to find the perfect jean for each person. It's taken me awhile to find my "perfect" jean and I still have to search a lot of the time! But in the end the search is worth it! Nothing can make you feel better (or worse!) then a pair of jeans!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment