Sunday, March 14, 2010

.....like Sunday morning.

(Enjoying the day out with my girl!)
(Beej and GiBug!)
(Yummy strawberry ice cream at Marble Slab Creamery)
(One of the bridges over the Reedy River)
(Feeding the ducks goldfish!)

We had a pretty good day today! A little "hiccup" mid day but that was because I got an attitude. Yes, I get those here and there! Mainly when things don't go the way I have planned and geared up for. I don't handle disappointment well. But other then that it was a good day! We got up, on time, thanks to phones that change time automatically! I don't ever miss that hour when we spring forward or fall back like other people claim they do. I do notice when it gets light earlier or stays light later but other then that I really don't care! We made it to church today, we haven't been the past couple of weeks. Just didn't make it, I think Gianna was sick one week and then we were out of town one week and then last week we just wanted to take the day and have some family time!
I wore a dress to church today! Don't laugh, I don't wear them much. Usually just jeans or dress pants but today I tried on a dress my sister gave me awhile back that she was getting rid of it and it fit, quite well, and so I wore it today! I had several compliments on my new hair and a sweet lady at church even sent me a FB message complimenting me on my calves! I thought that was so nice that she noticed my hard work and took the time to mention it to me! Even though I try to be self motivated it really helps me to be encouraged by others. My husbands constant encouragement always helps me the most - he told me the other day that this is the best I've ever looked! How sweet - especially since he's known me at my tiniest and my biggest so I trust him not to lie to me.
Anyway, after church we went to downtown Greenville again - second Sunday in a row! It's so great! We can't get enough of it, if we could move there right now we probably would. But for now visiting will have to do. It was a little chilly and overcast today but we still enjoyed it. I can't wait to go once it warms up some and the sun comes out to stay for awhile and we can go down there in sundresses and sandals! Lots of people go down there and lay out on the banks of the river and have picnics and soak up the sun. I can't wait to take a picnic lunch down come summer and really enjoy the sun, grass and atmosphere. We went to Mellow Mushroom for lunch again because it's just too good to resist! Then on the walk back Gianna saw someone with an ice cream cone and declared that she "wanted one of those!" So we stopped in the Marble Slab Creamery - a true test of my will power. I love ice cream SO much but I didn't have even one lick! I helped Gianna with her strawberry cone so that she didn't make a huge mess and Beej had some Rocky Road ice cream. ( I can't wait for my splurge day on Sat.! I want just a little ice cream! lol!) And then we popped in the Clothing Warehouse just to make sure we didn't see anything we wanted - we didn't. At least not this time. I'm looking for a vest right now.....they didn't have any except for guys.
I'm going tomorrow to take Gianna's urine sample to the doctor to be re-tested to make sure the infection is gone and then I guess we'll set up an appointment for x-rays and all that crap.....not looking forward to that at all but it has to be done. After that we are going to run to Wal-Mart and get the stuff to make her tutu for her big day! She is so excited! She keeps telling me she'll be three on March 21st! Although I do think it's going to confuse her that she is having her party one day and then her actual birthday will be on another day. I am excited about my aunt, uncle, cousin and grandmother coming up to help us celebrate. I keep getting kinda nervous thinking about all the stuff I've got to get done this coming week. And it mainly all has to be done the day before Gi's party! Lots of food to buy and I still have to go shopping for her birthday presents, no clue what to get her. I know she wants a Doctor set but so far I've only found one and it's at Toys R Us, we may be making a special trip down there to get it if I can't find another one at Wal-Mart. Other then that I don't know....guess I'll just go looking and get something! I'm excited about her getting the Leapster2, I think it's going to be great for trips and stuff.
Still can't find tickets for the Mute Math concert in Alabama. I am bugging everyone who could possibly know for info! I'm totally pumped about going - jamming to great music the whole way down, eating pistachios in the Jeep (my new favorite car snack!), getting away with my man, staying in a hotel and seeing Mute Math for the fourth time!!! It doesn't get much better!!!
Well, that's about it for now - my head it super busy planning everything I gotta do for Gi's party. I hate it for those who are going to miss it because it's going to be a great time but for those who will be there it's going to be good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment