Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Anticipation!




I have so many wonderful things I'm looking forward to this month with great anticipation! Sometimes I forget how fun my life is until several things pile up at once and I step back to take a look at the bigger picture, so to speak!
Beej's birthday is just four days away now! We aren't doing anything big really. I do have one of his presents bought and I'm getting the other two this weekend. His birthday usually gets overshadowed by Gianna's because I spend most of March planning and preparing for hers! He isn't one to make a big fuss over his birthday anyway but I am and I shall forever make a fuss about my birthday! It's my day, my one day I get to call my own, completely! His birthday falls on a week day so he'll be at work anyway. I hate it when birthdays fall on week days. Mine's on a Monday this year too. Gianna's falls on a Sunday but we're doing her party on Saturday so that family from out of town can make it! I'm uber excited!!! I addressed her invitations yesterday and they are ready to mail out. Started my lists of what I have left to buy and make. Time is ticking by pretty fast!
Besides Gianna's birthday we have WeeRuns coming up too - the best consignment sale ever! I get so excited about finding cute clothes and shoes for a good deal! Gianna is so fun to dress up and she looks so cute in summer clothes - I'm so ready for summer by the way! Bring on the tans (My hubby has promised me a membership to a tanning bed this year!), bathing suits, sunshine, pools and loads of watermelon! I think I'll go on a watermelon "diet" this summer! Lol! I absolutely love a good, ice cold watermelon. Ah, just the thought makes the snow outside seems all the more nasty, cold and unwelcome!
And then of course New Moon is coming out on DVD! I'm not sure if I'll buy it right away, I waited quite awhile to buy Twilight and will probably do the same with this but I am going to go with my oh-so-dedicated friend to stand in line at midnight to get it! Well, because we are silly like that and I love that! It's good to remember that we are young and still girls in some ways. We are counting down the days to Eclipse of course. June can't come fast enough! I'm so glad to have my "Twilight buddy" back - other then her I don't really know anyone that is as die hard fans as we are! Details, we know them - characters, we know them! Lol! I think the storyline is just pure romance! Nothing could get more heart gripping!
Gianna's big day! She is so pumped up for her birthday this year! She keeps telling me it's in March on the "teenty-furse"! And that she'll be three! I'm amazed at how fast this past year has gone already. She's learned so many new things and has become so much more grown up. She'll fully potty trained now (I can say that with confidence!), she's drawing now, knows how to count up to 20 and knows most of her letters and all her shapes and most colors now. I'm looking into a program to teach her how to read, I want her to be ahead of the game once she starts school which is so much closer then I realize. I have seen people, who I really would consider smart and educated, who's spelling and grammar is appalling! I'm scared to send Gianna to school here.
I'm going to buy the stuff to make Gianna's tutu for her birthday this weekend. I've made one so far but this one has to be perfect because everyone will be seeing it! She is going to look so "presh", as my sister would say!
Beej spent last night fixing my PC. I have come to loath that computer now! After using my hubby's Mac for the past two or three weeks I am now jealous of his computer! I can't wait to get my own Mac. And get rid of my huge, clunking Dell. Anyone wanna buy a big laptop? Don't get me wrong, it's a great machine, a very expensive one but I'm pretty sure I'm done with PC's now. I use my parents Mac's, my hubby's Mac, my parent's iMac and I'm now over PC's! Lol!
I have one other big "surprise" coming up soon too that I am very, very thrilled about! It's been a long time coming and I couldn't be more excited! I'm not going to say what it is or put up any pictures or anything because I don't want anyone to have the chance to "steal" my idea - and yes, I do know people who would do that just to be spiteful! Sad, I know, but true. So until it's done I wont say anything! Just know that I am OVER THE MOON excited and can't wait to show you all!!!! How's that for anticipation?!!!

2 comments:

  1. Im excited about those things too.. I love birthdays for anyone. I love making a big deal out of it. AND we can forget New Moon and Eclipse :) And of course Macs RULE! lol I can't wait for you to do your "top secret" thing. Its going to be awesome! Im in such a good mood this morning! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alaythea, the Hawkins girls are HUGE fans of Twilight. I read all the books in about a week. Sarah probably read them faster but I had all the books here to read at one time. Have the board game, have the movie, seen the movie, awaiting the new DVD (we will have it on the day it comes out) and anxiously awaiting the new movie in June. So there, more people in your club. See your not alone. :) Have a blessed day. Mrs. Hawkins

    ReplyDelete