Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Little Music Fun!

1.
Coldplay
2.
The Killers
3.
Elbow
4.
Mute Math
5.
Keane
6.
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
7.
Campbell the Band
8.
Jars of Clay
9.
Harvard
Align Center10.
The Bravery

What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
The first one I remember hearing and liking was 'Gold Lion'!

What is your favorite song by 8?
Oh, that is so hard.....they have such amazing stuff. My current favorite by them would probably be 'Small Rebellions' off their newest album, The Shelter.

What kind of impact has 1 had on your life?
Goodness, they completely changed what kind of music I liked, how I thought about music and musicianship, etc. My hubby introduced me to them when we got back together in 2004. I was in love right away! Every album has held a magic of it's own!

What is your favorite lyric of 5's?
"I wake up, it's a bad dream, no one on my side, I was fighting, But I just feel too tired to be fighting, guess I'm not the fighting kind." - A Bad Dream

How many times have you seen 4 live?
Wow, I totally lucked out with them being number four because I've seen them the most, I've seen them, uh, four times live now! And I'm telling you, it's THE most amazing show you will ever see live!

What is your favorite song by number 7?
'Cancer'! Absolutely freakin' amazing song.....I wish they would hurry up and get it up on iTunes so that I can buy it and listen to it over and over again! Haha!

Is there any song of 3 that makes you sad?
'The River' makes me feel a little sad, melancholy. It's a beautiful song but saddening at the same time.

What is your favorite song by 9?
'Ghost' for sure. The lead singer of Harvard has this incredible range and this song is just perfect!

How did you first get into 2?
My hubby got into them first - he heard their song 'Mr. Brightside' on the radio or saw the video for it on TV and was so impressed he ran out and bought their album. Yeah, they are pretty impressive! And I wasn't interested in hearing them for awhile mainly because with a name like The Killers I figured they were going to be a little "harder" then what I like. But then I started listening to their album 'Hot Fuss' and was hooked!

How did you first get into 3?
We had tickets to see Coldplay in concert and their opening act was this band called Elbow. I usually like to check out the opening band before we go to the show that way I can at least be familiar with their music and their sound and decide whether I like them or not. I did this with Elbow and immediately fell in love with rough yet heartfelt vocals of lead singer, Guy Garvey. Their music is brilliant and breath takingly rich.

What is your favorite song by 4?
'You Are Mine', it's a moving ballad and the lyrics are so simple yet deep.

How many times have you seen 9 live?
Just once and they were very entertaining - the lead singer creeped me out with a mask at one point but other then that they were phenomenal!

What is a good memory concerning 10?
Um, nothing in particular comes to mind. I just like their music!

Is there a song by 8 that makes you sad?
Yes, I think it's called 'Oh My God', my hubby has played it for me several times and it's a very moving and kinda sad song. The lyrics are so deep and really make you think.

What is your favorite song by 1?
Even though they have tons of amazing songs and I like pretty much everything they ever write and record I always go back to "The Scientist" as my favorite. There is just something about that song that just grabs me every time!

How did you become a fan of 10?
Again, I think my hubby introduced them to me. He let me hear their song, 'Time Won't Let Me Go'. I'll admit for awhile, before I got to know them really well I would get their songs mixed up with songs by Mute Math. But I'm happy to say now that I'm fans of both bands I can't believe I ever got them mixed up! Lol! They are nothing a like!



No comments:

Post a Comment