Thursday, April 8, 2010

Top 'O' the Mornin'!

Good morning, fellow bloggers! It is, so far, a bright and sunny morning. I keep hearing rumors of rain and I'm praying hard that it just skips right by us. At least for this week. I'd really like to get an hour or so of sun out of my back patio before tomorrow. I have just a hint of color from laying out the other day and it's amazing how good a little "red" can make you feel versus your sunless, white skin from winter! But my tan does fade fairly quickly so I need to give it a little boost! If the sun remains out from 10am -11am I can hook Gianna up with her side walk chalk and lay out for a bit! Crossing my fingers!
I also have to finish laundry which is a never ending chore around here. Luckily Gianna has made it the past three nights with no accidents so that's cut back on my laundry some but we still have lots of clothes! Gi's been playing outside more this past week and gets her clothes fairly dirty. But I have to have clean stuff to pack for the weekend! It's going to be perfect all weekend in Bama, sunny and about 75! Great summer clothes weather without too much heat. The problem is AL is usually pretty humid even in the spring so that usually makes it's feel about 5-10 degrees hotter. But we'll have A/C so it's gonna be no problem! We dropped of the Jeep last night and we'll pick it up later this evening with a brand new, fairly expensive compressor in it!
So we'll be leaving Gianna for the weekend with Mom and Dad....this will be our first full weekend away from her and I know she'll do great! She loves staying with them and I don't think she hardly notices we are gone, they keep her so busy and occupied. I'll miss her of course but I'll be having fun too! I've ceased to feel "guilty" for enjoying time away from my child -I think everyone needs a break whether they are willing to admit it or not. And yes, we'll talk about Gianna but it won't consume our entire trip. This is about us getting away as a couple and enjoying some time just between us and that's a very good thing! I think it's very key for our relationship....it might not be for everyone's. Everyone has a different kind of relationship with their spouse or significant other.
I am looking at getting another cat, yeah, I know I said I didn't think we had room but you can make room for what you want I guess! I want to get a little female and I plan on getting a kitten this time so that she can bond with the family. It's a little harder for a grown cat to do, Gandalf has adjusted well but it's taken him a while to really warm up to all us. And Beej is still his favorite, I'm hoping this new kitten will bond with me and Gianna a little more. Right now my mother in law doesn't have what I want so we are going to wait and see what her other cats produce, she has about 3 or 4 pregnant right now that will be due over the next few months. She raises alot of white with color spots but I want a dark colored one - grey, black, brown, tabby, etc. Sometimes it's hard to find that and it be a female too. Right now she has an adorable tabby but it's a male and I just don't want another male. Plus I want to make sure it's kinda laid back and relaxed unlike our last cat! But we'll see....I'm not going to rush into getting just any cat but the good thing is if we get it from her and it doesn't work out she'll take it back and keep it or sell it so I won't have to take it to a shelter or anything. I'm already looking at names, of course! I usually pick a couple I like and then see which one fits best! I think it'll be fun for Gianna to have a smaller pet around that she can help take care of too. Gandalf doesn't really like to play with her or anything...I'm hoping a kitten would enjoy being with her more maybe.
Well, I've got to get off this blasted computer and actually get something done! I need to get my work out out of the way so that isn't looming in my mind all day! I hate packing, but I hate unpacking even more!!! So I need to just get on it and stop stalling!


No comments:

Post a Comment