Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend....



It has been a long, but fun, weekend for the Carroll household. I feel like I've been running non stop since Thursday. After our shopping day on Friday I spent the night with my sis at my parents house, Saturday we ran a ton of errands and I assisted D with a photo session for my sis and her fiance. Looks like there just might be a wedding sometime this year! Shhhh.....we are keeping our fingers crossed! Lol! Sunday morning we got up at 4:15am (yes, that early!) and headed up to Chimney Rock for a sunrise service on the mountain. The views were gorgeous but I'm not quite sure it was worth the really long drive. But it was something different to do! After that we headed up on Waynesville to meet with my parents and a friend of theirs - we dyed eggs, did an Easter egg hunt, had a super yummy (but not so healthy...) lunch, relaxed by the stream and cooled our feet in the icy water, went for a long walk around Lake Junaluska, had a good dinner at Bogart's and called it an evening with my homemade Lemon Cheesecake squares! Needless to say it was a great time, not to mention the weather was insanely perfect! But I ate horrible, did work out and felt fat and crappy! Haha! Gianna and I spent the night in Waynesville with the rest of the family, Beej had to come on home because he had to work early this morning. We chilled in Asheville, lunch at Doc Chey's, walked around and ran by Sam's and then Starbucks before heading on home. Even though I was totally pooped when I got home this evening I knew I'd feel terrible if I missed a second workout so I worked out and it actually gave me a little burst of energy I needed to get some stuff done around the house. My laundry is backed up like crazy, so I got started on that and then I cleaned Gianna's room.
We have another little issue with Gianna, bless her heart. She had a sucker earlier today and crunched on it some I guess but I didn't think anything of it. But later this afternoon she started complaining that her teeth were hurting. I thought maybe she had been gritting her teeth in the night and they were sore. But she kept complaining, then crying so I started looking and it looked like she had a piece of sucker stuck in her back tooth, I tried getting it out and couldn't so I took her to the bathroom and brushed them really good and it came out and I was shocked to see that it looks like a piece of her tooth has broken off or something. There's like a hole back there, I don't think it's a cavity, I brush her teeth twice a day and check them every day and I've never noticed anything, not even small and now this "huge" hole is in her tooth so needless to say we are off to the dentist tomorrow. Just another thing she has to go through, goodness. So far 3 has been a trying age for her. On top of that I have to drop off my Jeep at the shop to get the air fixed before the weekend.....thank God I have such great parents who are so willing to cart me around!
I don't have pictures yet from Easter weekend, I don't even carry my camera anymore when I know Dee will be there! It's like having my own personal photographer! So once she edits the pics I'll put some up tomorrow for your viewing pleasure!
I watched a pretty crappy movie this weekend too - I was kinda bummed because I thought it was going to be so cute. It was the Jennifer Aniston/Aaron Eckhart movie, Love Happens. It wasn't any good. Kinda boring, slow and never really went anywhere. The ending wasn't bad just not good either. Don't bother seeing it! There are so many movies coming out and out already that I want to see.....I'm so far behind! Still want to rent 2012, Have Your Heard About The Morgans?, The Vampire's Assistant, and finish Julie and Julia (I started it but never finished it!). Plus we are making our way through the Harry Potter series too ( we just finished #4) and we are watching the first season of Lost too!
Today I was thinking about all the "small" things that I'm blessed with every day - this evening Gianna and I cleaned up her room and then we played for a little while. She did my hair and make up! It was so sweet....she's grown up so very much! I was looking through all her clothes and shoes and realizing that I worry about her not having any summer clothes and now her drawers are over flowing. I was thinking that my parents have been such a huge blessing - babysitting, buying dinner, giving of their time and love.......Beej's parents have helped us out a lot too over the past couple of years and I couldn't be more thankful. I'm so grateful that Jesus Christ died on the cross to save me from my sins, to make room for me in Heaven, to save me! This is no small thing but I often forget exactly how big it is until I look at my own child and realize how much I love her and what I would do to save her.....and then, just for a moment, I catch a glimpse of my Father's love for me and that overwhelms me!!! Thank you, Jesus, for sacrificing yourself even when I didn't deserve it - I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment