Thursday, April 15, 2010

Moving?


For awhile now my hubby and I have been talking and thinking about moving. It's a hard decision, one that requires a lot more then just a "want to". Especially when you have a child to care for too. You have to think about all the pro's and con's and what if's. Not to mention right now both of our immediate family still lives here and I know for one, as crazy as family can be sometimes, I just can't imagine not being able to see them every day or every other day. Or not having them around to help watch Gianna when we need a break. To be honest, they are the reason we stay where we are. But this past weekend when we went and visited Huntsville we just know our hearts are not meant to be in Rutherford County for much longer and certainly not the rest of our lives. I don't want to raise my child here, I really want to move somewhere where there are quality schools, good job opportunities (since I do plan to go back to work in a couple of years when Gi starts school.) and fun things to do without having to drive an hour or longer. Driving around our old apartment area, seeing all the new things they've built up in the past four years is amazing! H'ville is booming, busy and changing and we love that. We like the city feel much more then the country feel but Hville has a little bit of both. Both of my grandparents live there, and other family lives within an hour and half drive. If we can just talk our family here into moving and find some good jobs we'll be set! Lol! It is certainly something we are thinking about daily, starting to pray about more earnestly and desire greatly. So many things have to fall in to place first and if it's meant to be then I believe God will line those up for us. It's hard to be patient, I want a yes/no answer right now but that usually not how it works. So we are praying, and we ask that you would pray that God would give us an answer....a clear one. We need more room, a place for Beej to have a studio set up, a place where Gianna can play outside more, etc. I know God has a big plan for us, I'm just not sure what all it entails and when and where! But we are eagerly awaiting.....

1 comment:

  1. Would love to have you back in the area. And I bet Alyssa (my daughter) and Gianna would have fun playing together. Really do your research though cause Huntsville isn't quite as, how do I say it, laid back and safe as it used to be. That's why we opted to move right outside the city, but we are still a really close drive to get there when we want or need to go. I guess I have lived there my whole life and I was ready for a change. I love the area we are in now! Good luck to you guys in figuring it all out, hope it works out for the best!

    ReplyDelete