Monday, April 12, 2010

Catch Up Blog







Wow, I have so much catching up to do on here. So many things I wanna share and discuss. I don't even know where to start!!!
Well, first of all let me say that my hubby and I had a wonderful weekend away with each other. So much fun! We went and visited my aunt and uncle Friday night - the guys played golf of course and we went to dinner and then saw Date Night which was totally hilarious! It was fun to hang out with a super fun, cool couple. My aunt totally rocks! Spent the night at their house and then went to a cute little grill for breakfast, hit up the Galleria Mall and had lunch at Olive Garden. After that we headed on to Florence and got a beautiful room and got ready for the concert. We got there about 2 1/2 hours before Mute Math was supposed to play but it was worth it because we got great spots to stand right at the very front, right in front of Darren, the drummer! We saw Eyes Around first, a band that I thought I recognized but didn't know where from. Later I discovered they are from Huntsville, AL and used to play at the church I attended there! So cool to see them making it.....after that a guy named Daves Barnes played, I gathered he was a fairly big deal but I didn't like him at all. His music wasn't that great and he was kinda goofy and annoying! By that time I was just ready for MM anyway....FINALLY they came out and played! That show gets better every time we see it, never gets old. Roy (bass) and Darren (drums) are just insane when it comes to their instruments and playing them - don't get me wrong Paul is totally talented and will always be my fave and Greg is great too but Roy and Darren are beasts! We weren't able to find the guys after wards, I was really hoping we would especially since we drove so far but it was still worth it! Beej got a MM t-shirt after wards and the woman running the Merch. table was Paul's wife - I wasn't positive but if I had been I would have certainly got a pic with her. There seems to be NO pics of her anywhere that I can find and I still don't know what her name is. My sis and I jokingly call her "Paula" (since she's married to Paul!). We were pretty tired after the show so we grabbed a quick dinner and crashed since we had to be on the road fairly early the next morning. We decided Sunday to drive into Huntsville and surprise my dad who was preaching there that morning. After that we grabbed a quick lunch at the mall and went by Build-A-Bear and made Gianna a dragon! She's really into dragons and calls them Dreygon's! So cute, so that's what we named it for her. We are going to take her Thurs. after we visit the Urologist to see How To Train Your Dragon. It looks so cute and it'll be her first 3D movie - I really hope she enjoys it!
The drive home took forever because we couldn't go back through 40 due to the rock slides so we took a back road that added about an hour extra to our trip. I was so excited to see Gianna when we got back. I was fine the first two full days but by Sunday afternoon I was ready to see my girl! She was pretty thrilled to see us too!
I did horrible with my eating this whole weekend. I didn't even try to be honest. I felt awful by Sunday....I did get up super early Friday morning and work out before we left so I only missed one work out. But I totally undid that workout with my eating. I ate some seriously crappy stuff! Luckily I know how to get myself back together and get back on track and not keep at it. I've already had my big temptation today and said no - potato chips and chocolate cupcakes, I didn't even lick the icing off my fingers when I got one for Gianna! Whew. Little steps I keep saying. I've done it before and I can do it again (hopefully my Beach Body coach won't peek in on this and be totally disappointed in me.....he's done an Iron Man. Lord have mercy!!!) But I took at look at myself in a swim suit today and it totally motivated me to get back on track for real. My coach told me little snacks and "treats" and splurges are not going to get me abs and I know that so I've really got to get with it again! I'm closer for sure but not close enough. I'm going to be posting my food, calories and exercise daily again for a couple of days, just to get me back in the habit of charting and really watching what I eat. It might be boring for you to read so you can just skip it - it's more for me and getting myself together again. I'm realizing more and more that I'm just lazy when it comes to eating right. I used to be lazy about exercising but I've gotten a lot better about that. But it takes a lot of effort to choose the right foods, measure it out, keep up with calories, etc. I know everyone, including me, have plenty of excuses as to why we are overweight or out of shape and some of them are legit but what it really comes down to is laziness. Everyone can make the time to work out 45-60mins. and you can eat right even at some of the worst places but the key is avoiding those places altogether. Luckily most places try to have a few "healthier" options on the menu.
I'm getting my stuff together for the Fall/Winter WeeRuns already. I'm planning to sell stuff this year instead of just getting rid of it or giving it away. I figure even if I only sell $25 or $30 worth of stuff it'll at least cover what I usually spend of getting Gianna new stuff. Plus I want to be able to get into the early sell since I won't be going with anyone, most likely, this next time. I've got a lot of really good stuff that is still in great condition that I'm pretty sure will sell well.
Tried to lay out a bit today but the sun is only in a good spot like right after lunch and Gianna isn't usually ready for a nap then so I tried letting her play around outside while I laid out but it didn't work out to well! I can't relax and be still and enjoy the warmth of the sun while trying to keep an eye on her too. So I'll have to try again sometime later....
Anyway....so my weekend was wonderful and I had such a wonderful time with my hubby! Hoping to go hiking this coming weekend - I keep saying I want to go and it just never works out or we have something going. So I'm hoping it'll all come together this weekend, I need a good hike!!! Not looking forward to taking Gianna to the urologist Thurs. I don't think they are going to examine her or anything but I don't know for sure. I think this is just a consultation with the dr. to talk things over and see where we go from here. I'm ready for it to be over with....

2 comments:

  1. So glad you and Beej had a great time on your weekend retreat together...and the concert sounded fun too! I really wanna go experience a concert with Jared...I think we'd enjoy going to see Anberlin or TFK. Anyway though enough about me...and J too...I hope Gi's doc appt goes well this Thursday!

    I know I'm going to be gone most of the second half of the week so no work outs...and I am gonna TRY to do the best I can. Seeing your before and after pics has also been a great motivating factor for me...I mean I knew for a while that I needed to exercise and get back on the healthy train when those darn pants got tight again, but hearing your struggles and 'wins' helps me more than you know! So...all that said I'll be looking forward to keeping myself accountable while away at the beach, and watching your journey as well on here girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah,thanks so much, Sarah!!! I love hearing that my "journey" is inspiring people because I know I had people who really inspired and still inspire me! We are all different and different things motivate us and keep us going...you have to find those for yourself. But you can do it. Even being on vacation you can still do well...I didn't this past weekend but I have done it before! Walks on the beach can be great exercise, the sand creates resistance and you work your muscles harder!

    ReplyDelete