Thursday, April 1, 2010

Run, Forest, Run!!!

I went running with Beej tonight....I'm not a big runner, it's never been something I've been good at or really got into much although I've always thought it looked cool! Runners make it look so easy, well, except those who shouldn't be running! Lol! I'm afraid I might be one of those people but running is good for you so I thought I'd go give it a try with him. I ate some stuff I shouldn't have today and was feeling pretty guilty so I thought a little extra work out might ease my guilt! We power walked to warm up and did some stretches - one lap around the park is 1/3 of a mile. So we agree to run non stop 2/3 of a mile and then power walk 1/3 and then run again, etc. It takes a lot more effort then you realize....it's not only just hard to breathe but you have to push your legs, fight the burn in your chest and keep your stomach and back muscles tight. We ran 1 1/3 miles and power walked 1 mile and I was pretty pleased with that - worked up a good sweat and burn. And now I ache - sad I know. I feel like I'm in pretty good shape doing Insanity every day but actually running works muscles in a whole different way! I may have to try this more often!
We girls are off to shop tomorrow! I'm pretty excited. It's just me and my two sisters and a new friend whom I'm pretty thrilled is going along. I haven't gone shopping with both of my sisters in who knows how long.....it just so happens my sister, Charity, who usually works on Fridays just so happens to be off for Good Friday tomorrow so it worked out perfectly for her to join us! We are headed to the mall first I think because we'll get down there around lunch time and we'll want to grab some lunch at the food court, browse a few stores and then hit up Plato's Closet. I have all my old clothes ready to take in and get some store credit towards new stuff! I did go buy a pair of shorts today because I can stand the thought of being out in the heat all day tomorrow in jeans...I about roasted today and my legs kept getting sweaty. Yuck! Although I'm a bit scary in shorts right now with no tan - I've got to do something about that soon. I'm seeing all these girls running around with their fake tans and I'm feeling a little jealous! I think I just might brave the tanning bed this year....my stomach hasn't seen a tan in WAY too many years! I may have to start laying out in my own "back yard" - well, patio or whatever you wanna call that little square of concrete we have outside! I may have to put Gianna in her suit and let her get a little sun too....oh, wait, we don't have any bathing suits yet! Lol! I'll have to get on that soon. I'm hoping that Mom and Dad get their pool fixed soon because I am SO ready to be swimming. Beej is looking at getting a membership at Cleghorn's pool where his parents live but I'm not sure I'm ready to go somewhere that crowded. But probably after a few weeks of this weather I'll be willing to go anywhere!
The air on the Jeep went out again...grrrr! It was so nice and cold for a day or two. So we have to go get it fixed again but they can't do it and we can't work it out til Tuesday so we have to go all weekend without air....and it's supposed to be near 90 all weekend. Just great. The air went out here at the house too, luckily they came and fixed that today or we'd be out at Mom and Dad's right now. I can not sleep when it's even slightly stuffy. Even when the air is on I still sleep with a fan on, I like the air "moving" so that it doesn't seem tight and I like the "white noise" too.
I broke out the flip flops and holy cow, my feet are scary! Even though I paint my toenails once a week or so and make sure they look nice I've neglected my heels and that are pretty winter worn. So I've been wearing heavy foot cream and socks off and on all day to try and soften them up! Nothing I hate more then icky feet and flip flops or sandals. Some people who wear flip flops all year round, which is not how flip flops are to be worn (!!!!), their feet get so worn and cracked and it's not pretty to look at! Pedicure or not!
Well, I have to get up pretty early tomorrow and get my work out done, get showered and cleaned up, get Gianna ready to go to her Grandma's for the day, get out and take care of my parents dogs, pick up the van and our friend all by 10:30am! And yes, I'll get it done - looks like another 6:45am wake up call for me! Hooray! So all that being said, I'm off to bed in about 15 minutes. 11pm is late for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment