Monday, October 17, 2011

Ah, Monday.

Hey, peeps! Thought I'd pop in a catch up with you all......it's the beginning of the week and for the most part Monday's don't bother me. But last night I swear I didn't sleep at all. Seriously. I tossed and turned all night. Every little sound bothered me, I couldn't get comfortable and then I just could not for the life of me fall asleep. I even tried sleeping in the guest room with the fan on (which normally works like a charm but not so last night.). So needless to say when my alarm went off at 6:15am I was SO not happy. But Gianna is always happy when I go wake her up! Oh and yesterday after church I spent a lot of time looking like *that* up there - Gianna sat on my back and brushed my hair for a long time and that was actually nice. She got to "play" and I got to enjoy it! The hubs went to meet a friend and play golf and eat dinner so we were super lazy most of the day. Then I got this rush of energy and I got up and ran a mile outside and then did a 15 minute Cardio Burst work out using my Nike App. Awe-some.

I think we've finally conquered our flea issue (ok, as I say that Gandalf is scratching. Great.). We've partially shaved him, bathed him twice and put some of that flea medicine on his back. I'm really hoping that fixes things. His sores seem to be better, I think. Hopefully that's not just wishful thinking. But I'm not sure what we need to do next, like for the house or whatever. I haven't ever seen fleas on anything else but they must be inside because Gandalf NEVER goes outside. So they have to be around here somewhere.

And this is my super sunny kiddo super early in the morning! She is always so peppy and excited about school. I'm really so glad she loves it and doesn't cry or scream when I drop her off. The other day at school the fire dept. came and showed the kids how to go through the little mini "house" full of smoke. Ya know, like a fire drill?! Well, Gianna didn't tell me about it at all - I just got a notice from her school letting me know past and future activities and that was a past one. So I asked her about it and she shrugged and said she forgot. I asked her if she had crawled through the little smoky house and she said "Yup, it smelled like poop!" Lol! That kid and her sense of smell. She gets that from me, and I get it from my dad! She excited about wearing her costume to school soon and they are having a "Fall party" at school. I've got to figure out what I'm going to take. We aren't allowed to take homemade goodies. They have to be pre-packaged and still sealed so that's kinda a bummer but oh, well. We are honestly still deciding on costumes - we'll go pick one out this weekend. Who knows what we'll actually end up with!

I've decided to start adding some running to my work out routine. Not replacing my work out's - at least not right now because I'm not going to be running enough to make up for that. So for now I'm doing a little running on top of my regular work outs. Hoping to give myself a little boost and get some weight off. And I'm really focusing on eating NO sugar. Refined sugar products like cookies, ice cream, cake, candy, etc. really pack on the pounds quick for me. So I've got to cut that out again and focus on eating right. I have just really noticed lately that I'm really starting to look "heavy" again. My face gets a kinda poofy look and my mid section is looking sad. So I'm trying to kick myself into over drive again.

And Fall is slowly but surely coming to North Carolina.....this tree in my front yard has always been my favorite. It turns this gorgeous BRIGHT yellow and it's stunning. I snapped this picture of Gianna tonight standing beside it. She looks so teeny tiny!

Tomorrow evening we're going to see my brother in law graduate from CNA school. Pretty excited for him and I hope the best for him. He seems to really love working with elderly people and I think that takes a really special person and I tip my hat to him!

That's about it for now.......we'll catch up again later!


No comments:

Post a Comment