Saturday, August 7, 2010

Moving on up!


I'm skipping the blog challenge Day 18. It's a moment you felt passionate and alive and I honestly just can't bring anything specific to mind. It's probably because at this moment I feel pretty much dead! Lol! I'm so tired, exhausted from being on my feet all day long. So I'm just going to skip over it and start up again tomorrow!
So as I announced on my FB today, for those of you who are my FB friends, we are officially changing addresses. No, we aren't moving out of state, just yet, we hope that move will happen in the next couple of years but for now we are still in good ole NC. Which I'm good with for the moment because I think it's where we are needed, FOR THE MOMENT! Plus I would hate to give up my wonderful piano teacher right now too.....so we are moving to a house. We currently live in a 2 bedroom apartment and now we're moving into a 5 bedroom house! I couldn't be more thrilled!
My parents are going to be "temporarily" moving to Alabama to live with my grandfather for now. To take care of him for awhile. They thought about moving him here but they just felt it would be easier on him mentally to stay where he's comfortable and used to things. Where he is near his doctors and his daughter and her family as well. They decided that in the end it would be best for them to go there. My brothers are starting school there Monday and they are settling in fairly well, pretty quickly. But in the mean time they have a house here that needs to be lived in and taken care of....so that's what we are going to do. We are moving officially in exactly week. I haven't even started packing my own house. Yikes. I've spent the past week packing up my parents house for them and helping my Dad get their major furniture loaded and headed down to Bama. Plus we have started re-painting stuff here at the house too. My sister is going to be living with us for now until she moves to Bama to live with my aunt and take care of their new baby (who is due at the end of the month!). I hate that she's going to be going, especially since Mom and everyone is gone to Alabama now....but that's another sob story for another day! Anyway, we are busy, busy, busy here. D and I spent all day today repainting the kitchen. I'm so excited to get it done and put up "after" pictures. The kitchen was some crazy colors I painted back when I was 16 years old! I got this brilliant idea to paint the kitchen pink, yellow and mint green! So the walls were pink, and the cabinets were yellow with mint green doors. Yes, you'll see the "before" picture at some point! It was wild - oh and I did I mention the floor was black and white checkered? yeah, so we are painting it some more neutral, modern colors. The walls are a nice slate grey now and the cabinets are being painted white so it's going to look so nice! We got the walls painted today and one coat on the cabinets, I'm totally beat. More to do tomorrow. We still have to paint the hall way, what will be Gianna's room and bathroom. Plus redo the bathroom floors and put carpet down in our "new" bedroom too! Whew! It's going to be a chaotic month for sure. We are having a HUGE yardsale in Boiling Springs, NC next Saturday. Near Shelby. I'll post more details later but we are going to have a TON of stuff to sell, that must go so we are planning to advertise big and get it all gone!
So that's what's going on for us! Exciting times and we feel like it's going to be a really good thing for us. The room will be so nice, Beej will finally have his studio/man room he's been wanting. I'll have a work out room - I'm so excited about that! Not having to move furniture or take up anyone's TV. Plus we'll have all the room outdoors as well as the pool. Gianna's going to love being able to play outside and enjoy the rest of the summer and upcoming Fall! Good things are ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am excited that you, Beej and Gianna are 'moving on up,' and that you guys will be here in NC for a little while longer! I hate to lose you as my piano student right now too! Have a good weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete