Sunday, August 29, 2010

Encouragement


As some of you might have been able to tell I've been dealing with a little bit of discouragement lately. Over several things but mainly over my fitness goals and the means by which I've been going about reaching them. I often doubt myself greatly. I compare myself WAY too much to others who are farther a long on their journey then I am. I forget that I'm blessed and unique the way I am. That doesn't seem good enough most of the time.
But today at church a lady came up to me - well, I really should say a friend, I've known her since we moved her and we keep up on FB with each other - and she just gave me an encouraging word. Just reminding me of things I know but tend to easily forget or overlook. And the best part of it all was that I know she was perfectly sincere in everything she said to me. It really lifted my spirit and encouraged me greatly! A reminder to focus on the positive things I see rather then the negative. Does that mean I'll never be down on myself again? Absolutely not but it's reminders like this that keep up refocusing more often. When you have something positive or uplifting to say to someone don't hesitate to tell them. You have no idea what that bit of inspiration could do for them.
We also had a great service at church today - our pastor has been speaking on the benefits of praise. He has been breaking down all the different types of praise there are in the Bible and showing us through scripture how they are used and when they are used. It's been a great series and I hate that I've missed some of it. We missed a few Sundays with all the moving, etc. Today we talked about three forms of praise - Barak, Tehillah and Zamar. It was such an energetic, uplifting service. A reminder that praise is an important part of our lives wether we realize it or not. I left feeling refreshed and renewed today. Hoping I can keep these reminders of praise and encouragement on my mind and in my heart through out the week.
Just doing a little relaxing now - we had lunch out after church and it was very enjoyable time out. Gianna behaved well and lunch was yummy. Hooray for a great day! Gotta get the pool in order before the week gets started. We are going to have to get it covered soon - we aren't using it much anymore and I don't know how much longer it will be hot enough anyway. The water is already fairly chilly. Looking forward to the crispness of Fall!!!
"Therefore, encourage on another and edify one another, just as you are doing. 1Thess. 5:11

No comments:

Post a Comment