Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 16 & 17

I got way too busy yesterday to take time to post anything....so my anniversary post will be a bit belated as well. I hopefully will get to blog about all that later tonight. For now I'm again in a hurry so I'm getting my Day 16 - A Song That Makes You Cry and Day 17 - A Piece of Art


I have found that the old hymns literally move me to tears especially when sang with all the emotion and beauty that Carrie Underwood uses when she sand "How Great Thou Art", one of my favorite hymns of all time! I find that these songs seem to capture the pure Majesty of our Savior better than any modern song can. Their ultimate sincerity and purity moves me to tears!
Click here to hear Carrie's AMAZING version of this song!

I know there are probably tons of art pieces I have seen and admired. I tend to gravitate towards more abstract pieces. I find Picasso's pieces very interesting and alluring. But I do believe the Sistine Chapel painted by Michelangelo is beyond beautiful and beyond words to describe the detail and beauty in this huge piece of art! So for today, that is my inspiring piece of art to share with you!





3 comments:

  1. I also LOVE How Great Thou Art. I don't think I've ever heard her version of it, I'll have to check it out. and Michaelangelo? he was insane!!! I don't even know how he painted like that, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good choices! I agree with Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, love that song!

    Blessings,
    Maggie
    www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete