Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 20 - A Hobby of Mine

I am a scrapbooker! Yep. And old fashion scrapbooker if you will. I do everything the "hard" way, I have all the supplies in various boxes, I print up my photos, etc. I know alot of people have opted to start digitally scrapbooking but to me it's just not the same and I don't even considere it scrapbooking really. Photo's collaging maybe but not scrapbooking! Anyone can create something on the computer but it takes a lot more times and creativity to put together something all on your own using random products! I love taking the time to collect my memories and arrange them and display them where other can hopefully enjoy them as much as I do. I've been scrapbooking since I was like 8 or 9 but really got into it full fledge after Gianna was born. I realized how quickly time was going by and how quickly, even though I didn't want them to, my memories seemed to be fading already of her being a baby and all the little things and trips we've done. Stuff that I'll honestly probably forget we ever did or she ever did if I don't take a picture and make a photo memory of it. I'm not a photographer, no where close, in fact I rarely carry my camera anywhere anymore. My sis D is THE photographer to have around, she captures everything so beautifully so I just take her a long and then print up her photos which are so much more creative and lovely then anything I'd take! I went through a huge scrapbooking kick for awhile a few months ago and managed to get all caught up on events and holidays but over the past month or so I've fallen behind again and desperately need a day to work on it again. I'm excited that I'll have ALOT more room to work with once we move into our new house! One of the biggest issue here at the house has been not enough room for me to get all my stuff out and really have the space to work. But that's all about to change! Yay! I'm going to have to have D take some photos of our apartment. I don't want to forget it, it was Gianna's first home. The only home she's known so far and I don't want to ever forget it!
So that's my hobby, or one of them at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment