Friday, June 3, 2011

Time For Ten


1. I've admitted before that here at the Carroll household we love us some Justin Bieber! I think he's adorable, his music is cute, the kid can DANCE, and my daughter just loves him! Recently he's been sporting some new tattoos and I'm all about it - love some tattoos too. But he has one that just....oh, it's just bad! Lol! He got the outline of a star around his elbow. Good grief, dude, that tattoo is on every dude that wants a tattoo but has no idea what to get! It's so cheesy and very much a "trend" tattoo - ya know, like barbed wire around your forearm and such.....yeah, he should have thought that through more!

2. Tomorrow I'm joining a few fellow bloggers and doing The 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michael's. I love her on the Biggest Loser and I'm so sad she's going but she's tough and very motivated and I've heard lots of good things about it. I picked up the dvd at Wal-Mart today for $10. I'll be doing it along with my Turbo Fire routine because it's only like 20 minute daily work outs and I can't bring myself to only work out 20 minutes. No flippin' way! I've been doubling my workouts this week doing both Insanity and Turbo Fire but sometimes that can run into almost two hours and that's a little too long for me, but an hour and 20 minutes I can do! Tomorrow I'll post my "before" pics and measurements, part of the challenge.

3. I'm already looking forward to July 4th - Gianna and I were floating around the pool the other day talking about it and she really wants to make a cake with strawberries and blueberries so I told her we'd make one of those "flag" cakes with strawberries and blueberries on it for July 4th! She's really thrilled! We also decided to make chocolate cupcakes for my birthday - but that's not until the end of August....right before she starts school! We usually got to downtown Asheville and watch the fireworks because they have such an amazing display they put on.....

4. We watched Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader last night. I can't say I was overly impressed. It's a good movie, the actors are good, the scenes are done well, the effects are great but overall it just seems very childish to me. Especially since I've read all the books multiple times and they are SO amazing. Although I am eager to see how (and if) they do The Silver Chair. It's my favorite and it could be really amazing if they'd let it.

5. Coldplay's new single "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" came out today and you have no idea how excited me and the Hubs were! We are huge Coldplay fans and they simply are incredible writers and musicians and of course as always they delivered!!! You can go HERE and listen to it...

6. My dad and brother are coming into town tomorrow and my sister just happens to be off work for the next two days so I think we'll be spending some time out at the pool ( of course!) and maybe throwing some chicken are the grill! I am loving summer this year.....I'm usually a Fall/Winter fan but this past winter sucked. It was so cold, we got lots of snow and ice and having to heat the house with a wood stove was NOT fun in the least. I'm totally not complaining about hot weather this time around especially since this year I can walk out my back door and hop in the pool anytime I want! It rocks and my tan is coming along quite nicely!

7. Gianna has rediscovered her baby doll - she goes through phases with various stuffed animals and dolls. For a week or so she'll be totally attached to one or the other then suddenly it will be thrown aside and something else will take it's place. For awhile it was the matching monkey's she got for Valentine's Day, then it was this Foofa doll my mom got her, then it was these two frog stuffed animals that matched her frog jammies, now it's her baby doll that makes sucking sounds when you put it's paci in it's mouth. It came in a pair of flannel pj's and it looked so hot her carrying it around today (sill I know, but it was making her arm sweat!) so I took her to Wal-Mart and bought it a cute little summer dress (and doll clothes are almost as freakin' much as kids clothes! I mean seriously, I could have bought Gianna a dress for what I paid for that little doll dress.) but she just loves it and she's currently walking around with it waiting to take it back to Wal-Mart and go grocery shopping! She told me the other day that when she grows up she wants to be a mommy! So sweet! She also informed us we are THE best family ever......it kinda chokes me up when she says things like that because I know that despite what I feel are failures and flaws she sees us in a whole different way!

8. I'm in love with "nude" color nail polish! I painted mine and Gi's toenails this morning and it's so pretty and fresh. And it totally looks great on tanned feet like ours. Gianna isn't getting much sun anywhere but her legs because she wears so many floaties in the pool she's covered from neck to waist! But she loves having the "freedom" that all those floaties bring her in the pool!

9. Pet Peeve - when people act like their lifestyle isn't something they have chosen. They act like where they are or how they are in life isn't something they've made the choice to have. Don't complain about the fun other people get to have when you have chosen to be the way you are and how you are. Just own up and admit you made a mistake, correct it and move on.....

10. The hubby has a new music project going on right now - he's still going to do stuff under his "solo" name, Stranger In Bree. But he's also started a group project with a friend of his and they are going by The Echo. You should check them out! They are working on their first EP.
http://www.facebook.com/TheEchoOfficial
They also have links to their Myspace, their YouTube channel and their Twitter. So look them up and "like" and "follow" them! Fun stuff ahead!


1 comment:

  1. I love Justin Bieber! He is super adorable. Also, Coldplay! So exciting! Okay...way too many exclamation points in this. Haha.

    ReplyDelete