Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Whirlwind.


The past few days have seemed like a bit of whirlwind, mentally and emotionally. I just felt kinda outta sorts yesterday. Gianna is pushing all my buttons lately and I'm trying so hard to be patient with her. She's been sick for the past several days so that doesn't help anything. Runny nose, coughing, can't breathe, etc. The first couple of nights I "slept" with her which means I didn't really sleep at all. She finally started sleeping through the night on her own again but then the dog has started acting up during the night. We kennel her around 9:30pm or so after we walk her for the last time in the evening and for several weeks she's been good straight through until 7am or so. But the past several nights she's gotten me up around 5:45am barking and "moaning" because she has to go outside....so I get up and let her out but then she doesn't come back right away so I have to wait around and yell and call for her.....not exactly putting me in a great mood. Last night she got me up at 1am. After that I just couldn't get back to sleep. Then Gianna was up around 5am because of a bad dream - a reoccuring nightmare that a big bug gets her. It's always the same. So she ended up in bed with us. The dog got me back up at 7am whining and crying again. Needless to say she has been a constant reminder as to why I will never have an indoor dog, possibly an outdoor one but I don't even like that. I am so glad she's going to Alabama with my sister next week! I've asked Beej if I managed to get rid of both of my parents dogs, one indoor and one outdoor, if I can get a new kitty! I've been wanting to get a kitten for awhile - Gandalf seems to do fairly well with other animals if they aren't annoying. We haven't had one problem with him and the inside dog, except she scarfs down his cat food so we have to confine her to the living room and kitchen area.
I have been emotionally frazzled dealing with all the sudden changes my family is going through, and I'm sure they aren't over yet. My whole plan and idea for the rest of the year has suddenly gone out the window with my sister suddenly deciding she wants to move to AL. I think she was planning on going all along but she had to wait till it was "her" idea. She doesn't like anything to be Mom and Dad's decision. So she waits long enough that it can be her big idea. But it has left me in a bit of pickle. I am still not quite over the frustration and disappointment of it all. As dramatic as it can all be sometimes I still like being close to my family. I'm really going to put forth some serious effort in rekindling my friendship with my sister, C, since she is my only family here now. I'm not sure how to go about it. I've been thinking about taking some time to talk to our pastor about it. He's such a great man, so kinda, understanding and seems to have a true heart towards God! He always has such a timely word from the Lord for us on Sundays, even if my heart isn't ready to except it then and there it usually works on me afterwards. But I know that I haven't always been loving and accepting with Charity and I need some wisdom on how to go about it all.
We didn't do much yesterday (Labor Day), we had a kinda full weekend anyway and decided to just take it easy at home. Monday is one of my double work out days and just because it's the holiday doesn't mean I miss it. So I did a 75 minute work out while Gianna chilled with some cartoons. Beej and his Dad went and played golf, well, Beej plays, his dad watches and they talk! My mother in law came out during the afternoon/evening and saw the place for the first time. She hasn't been out in awhile and hasn't been out since we did all the painting, rearranging, etc. She was really impressed and loved all my color choices! We still have a lot to do, especially with the outside but that will come in time. I'm not hurrying anything right now. I still want to paint and possibly re-carpet my work out room. Get it set up a little better, it's kinda just a workout/storage area right now with random stuff in it! Once my sister moves out next week we'll set up her room as a guest room and use the closet for some extra storage. It'll be nice having a place guests can actually come and stay and have their own space. My dad is going to be back and forth a lot and I'm sure he's going to stay with us some of that time.
It looks like I'll be able to move my piano lessons around to another day so that I can still continue them even though my "help" will be gone. I'm so glad my teacher has been willing to work with me on it because I was really upset that I was going to have to possibly quit. I feel like I'm just starting to make some progress although timing is still an issue for me. Well, exact timing, counting it aloud or in my head while trying to read notes is still kinda tough! Lol! Hopefully I'll get it at some point though....
I am attempting to get stuff together for my WeeRuns appointment tomorrow too. I had everything going pretty good until I realized they want everything on wire hangers because it takes up less space on the racks. So I've been searching for wire hangers but I think everyone is grabbing them up right now so I don't have all I need yet. But most everything is priced and marked so as soon as I get hangers I'll be good to go! I don't, as of right now, have anyone to take the early opening of WeeRuns. As a seller you get in to a pre-opening along with one other guest. I think I'm going to post it on FB and see if anyone wants to go with me.....I know plenty of mothers so we'll see. I am eager to get Gianna some Fall stuff, she has a few things but mostly just some items from last winter that were too big or still fit. I always like to get her some new things, by the end of the season, even though she has a lot of clothes, I'm bored with them all! Bored with trying to switch them up and rearrange them to look different!
Well, I'm off to work out....just catching you up on how crazy life has been right now. Hopefully it'll settle down soon! We have to get the satellite TV hooked up by the end of the month so we don't miss too much more college football! Alabama played their first game this last Saturday and killed the other team, of course!!! I'm still trying to get Gi and I some new Bama gear for the season but it's really expensive right now since we are THE CHAMPIONS at the moment! Lol! But we'll keep looking!!! Happy Football Season, everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment