Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Restless Night....

I kinda felt like this owl all night.....I just couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned most of the night. There were several factors but the main one was the source of my post last night. I don't think I have ever felt so burdened about someone or their disbelief. Not because I want them to say "you're right" or believe like I do just for the sake of it - I want them to know what a true and wonderful relationship with Jesus is like.....I can't say I was up praying all night. I wish I had been. I did pray about though - I did ask God to speak to this person, to show them the Light, to show them the Truth as they read His words. It has also inspired me to read through the Bible again. This person has just started in Genesis and I thought I would kinda "read" a long although I don't how much they'll be reading every day at least I will be in the general area each day with them. This person said that the first 5 chapters of Genesis were gibberish and full of contradictions. It made me want to read them over again and try to see what that person saw or didn't see there. I can't truly read it in the way they are because I am not approaching it with the mindset that it's all worthless. I approach the Bible with reverence because I know the words and parables in it are THE Truth. I hope that as I read 'along" that I discover new truths for myself as well!
Moving on to the day ahead - we got up rather early this morning in order to see my brothers before they head off for school since we'll be gone before they get back. It's always rather hectic getting them together - getting breakfast done, lunches packed, back packs and after school gear together, etc. The older of the two boys is playing football so he's at school till almost 6pm every day. I think the "girls" are going to try to hit up a few thrift stores and see what we can find. I didn't find as much as I had hoped for yesterday at the one we had stopped at. Especially for Gianna. I think all their Fall stuff had been cleaned out already.
I am looking forward to WeeRuns on Friday! I have asked for someone to go with me - offered a free pre-sale "ticket" in but on wants to go. Isn't that sad?! I don't have one friend who is a mother like me who wants to go shop. It's a sad day for sure! But hey, maybe it's a good thing. I'll be standing in line for 45mins. - an hour so I'll take a book and do a little reading. Over the weekend I started and finished Dean Koontz's Velocity. Amazing book! I just couldn't put it down. It's on of the few my hubby has read before me and he recommended it highly and I wasn't disappointed at all! I also started Peter Straub's Mystery. So far I've read two of his books and have really struggled with his writing techniques. They seemed "muddled" to me - you have to really search for what he is trying to convey and even then it isn't always clear. But I'm trying one more hoping I might enjoy it better, so far, just a few chapters in I already feel confused!!! Lol! And that's pretty rare for me......
Gianna has been testing me the past few days - it doesn't help that she hasn't seen her daddy nor have I had his help with her. I don't realize what a blessing those couple of hours in the evening are where he takes her and plays with her and I don't have to think or worry about it. Her attitude has just been unreal - she whines and pitches fits about EVERYTHING! I am quite overwhelmed. I feel like I spend most of the day correcting and spanking and it's quite exhausting. I just want my happy go lucky little girl back. It's like dealing with a mini teenager and I'm not joking! She rolls her eyes at me and huffs and puffs and throws her arms around.....I do hope it's a stage that will pass quickly. My patience is starting to wear a little thin I'm afraid. I'm hoping that this weekend will be a little bit of a relaxing time for me and my hubby = between a night out to WeeRuns for me and hopefully a date night. We need some time out together!
Gotta run get ready....going out in just a bit. Ready to be home. Looking forward to my work out tomorrow! I haven't worked out all weekend long! I'm dying! My computer isn't working and there is no TV available for me to use so I have been stuck with just bike riding.....I did 2 1/2 miles one day, around 6 miles one day and about 4 miles yesterday. I just don't feel like I've done anything but make my backside sore from the stupid seat! Lol! But I guess some exercise is better then none! I'm ready to get back to hitting it HARD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment