Friday, August 19, 2011

Home alone.


It's Friday, people. For us it's the start of the weekend. The hubby left early this morning to go play golf with a buddy and Bug and I pretty much did nothing. Well, I say that but we got some stuff done. I did a short work out and we both got showers, I cleaned up after the cats and fed them, cleaned up the mess Gi and Gemima made in my craft room and cleaned Gianna's room. So I guess we did something, it just didn't feel like much! I did some reading, I'm working through the second book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. And I watched some TV....

Currently I'm sitting on my couch, watching TV, reading tweets and typing this while I'm all alone at the house. What?! Yeah, I'm totally enjoying it! I'm pretty much just being brainless and doing nothing. Ha! The hubs took Bug too the park to burn off some energy and spend some time with her but of course it started POURING down rain as soon as they left so they've hung out in town. Now I think they are getting pizza and ice cream or something for dinner....

But I'm just enjoying the quiet. And watching the dozen black birds that seem to think they own my yard. They are here in the morning and they are here through out the day. It's kinda weird. I've read to many books where blackbirds/crows/ravens are signs of impending doom or evil! Lol!

The past couple of days have been rough....good in some ways and bad in others. I have a lot on my mind right now. A lot weighing on me and I'm realizing how much it's effecting everything - my attitude, my eating......I tend to turn to food when I'm stressed or feeling out of control. It's not excuse, seriously, but it seems to be how I work. There are a lot of changes ahead, I don't know all the details of everything to come but I do know change is ahead and that puts me on edge. The not knowing.

I feel horrible saying this but I can't even say I'm looking forward to my birthday on Tuesday. I'll be old, well, older. It's a week day birthday so Beej will be at work all day.....I think I may be getting new work out shoes from my mom and she may be sending me some homemade peanut butter granola. And if you've never tried it, OMG.....you have so missed out. It is decadent! I'll have to get the recipe and post it for you. I was going to make it myself but it's always been my birthday breakfast since I can remember so I asked mom to make it so that it felt special. Silly, I know, but Mom has always made a big deal about our birthdays and making it special for us and I've always loved that......so we'll see.

No other big plans for the weekend, just hanging out and spending time with the fam. Sorry about my lack of pics lately, I just haven't been taking very many. Guess I need to up my game!

No comments:

Post a Comment