Friday, January 15, 2010

Just 2 More Days!



Yep, just two more days until I start my newest challenge! Insanity! I know I've talked about it a lot lately but you just have no idea how excited I am! I know it's going to be an insane amount of work but I'm ready to do it because I know I can do it. It's going to be hard and there are days I'm going to feel discouraged but ultimately I'll keep going just like I did with P90X! P90X changed my life, not just because it helped me lose some weight (although that was a fabulous part of it) but because it taught me how to set a goal and how it feels to complete it and see a great result! I probably could have seen even better results if I had committed to the diet more and that's why this time I'm so determined to stick with the diet part of this as well as the working out. I was to see THE greatest results possible. I hope to lose 15lbs in the next two months and to be comfortably wearing a size 4 at Gianna's birthday party! I'm not that far off, I know I can get down one more size!!! It's going to be tough, so tough, especially since I hate green beans and broccoli, and they seem to want me to eat a good bit of it!!! Lol! But I'm thinking that slipping into those size 4 jeans and looking at a flat stomach will probably make ever stalk of broccoli and every green bean I gag down worth it! I talk about this a lot for another reason, I need encouragement and help to stick with things. I'm not a self motivated person like my husband is. I'm learning and trying a heck of a lot more then I used to but I'm not quite there yet. So I need people to tell me I'm doing good, or the encouraging word when I'm down. I just work like that. Plus talking about it keeps me accountable too - I hate it when I have to admit I skipped a work out or that I've been eating bad. It's also nice to have other people you know who are working out with you - I have some friends who started the P90X journey with me and are continuing on the work out road! Even though we may not being doing the same program it's still nice to have someone to talk to about it and to exchange tips, ideas, accomplishments and sometimes a few failures with! Working out is hard, eating right is WAY harder but at the same time I feel SO good when I'm doing both. I feel better physically and I feel better mentally as well. Working out gives me such a boost of confidence. Even if one workout doesn't change my physical size, it changes my mental size and they way I see myself in the mirror! I'm far from perfect, I mess up A LOT! But I know how to encourage and help push you - I don't want anyone to feel like I have felt over the past few years. That feeling that nothing fits when you try it on, or no matter how hard you try you still look bloated in everything. Ugh. Plus I want more then anything to teach Gianna how to be health conscience too. I don't want her to grow up never eating chocolate or tasting a soda but I want her to learn early on how to control her portions of things like that and how to enjoy physical activity and healthy food. So not only will I be eating better I also plan to embark on teaching Gianna to eat better too. It's not going to be easy and there is still alot of Mac N Cheese in the freezer along with the chicken nuggets and waffles. None of those are really bad in moderation but I've gotten into a bad habit of always falling back on those because I don't want her to be hungry. But I realize I am doing her no favor by not making her at least try vegetables and to learn to like grilled chicken instead of breaded and fried. By always resorting to syrup laden waffles just because I want her to eat breakfast. 2010 is a healthier year for the Carroll family! Wish us luck (or blessings or whatever it is you wish! Lol!)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment