Saturday, January 16, 2010

...what feelings sound like.


I've started trying to write songs again...I really want to get some songs written so that I can record at least an EP soon. It's hard for me to write, mainly because I just don't take the time to practice writing. I don't feel inspired much either. Or I get a line or two and then I get stuck and don't finish it. I also listen to so much good music that what I write and sing seems so crappy in comparison. I listen to some of my favorite artist sing or listen to what they write and I just don't feel like I should even try. I listen to how I sing and it sounds so generic and plain compared to those I love to listen to. I can't imagine someone ever wanting to listen to what I write or how I sing. But I'm really trying hard to get back into it. Slow but sure. I've written a few ideas down and hopefully I can start making myself use Gianna's nap time as time to write and practice my guitar which I haven't done in years really. I'm usually getting my work outs done first thing in the morning after breakfast while Gianna watches her cartoons. I'm trying to get better about structuring my day. I tend to be a little "fly by the seat of my pants" a lot of times. I'll have plans made for the day and then someone calls or asks me to do something and then I'm gone running around all day and never accomplish anything. I've got to get better about staying home more and getting things done for myself. I really want to get better on guitar again and I would love to learn piano. Beej started trying to teach me awhile back but we slacked off and I never learned more then a few notes! Lol! I just think it would be so cool to write songs on piano. For me, writing songs on guitar is harder. I tend to make them all a little "country"....But I want to get back into music. It's hard for me to think about doing music again....I'm a mom now and I just don't see how it would be possible BUT I know there are lots of mom's in the music industry so I know it's possible. I'm just not good at juggling too many balls at once! But I want to get back into doing something I used to love so much. Music is so beautiful to me, it makes me happy, sometimes it makes me sad, - it makes me dance and it makes me rest. I love it! It's the most beautiful, inspirational thing in the world! And I so want to be apart of it......

No comments:

Post a Comment