Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday's 100 Things About Me (First 25)

Stephanie over at Polos, Pearls & Pacifiers started this thing, 100 Things about her, and she's breaking it up into four Mondays and doing 25 at a time. She decided to link people up and get others involved. I'm going to attempt my first 25 today although everytime I start to do something like this my mind goes completely blank and I end up telling people stuff they already know. So bear with me! Lol!

1. I was 18 when I got married, 19 when I got pregnant and 20 when my daughter was born! Yeah, I totally jumped into adulthood with both feet!

2. I currently live in my parent's old house with my husband and daughter. They abruptly moved back to AL. to live with my grandfather who has Alzheimer's. We moved in to help them out and to help us out.

3. Right now my favorite girl name is Poet and my favorite boy name is Brompton. But since we aren't having any more kids they are fairly useless to me! And they change randomly too.

4. I adore downtown Greenville, SC and one day when I'm rich I'm going to live down there in an amazing apartment above one of the many uber cool shops down there!

5. I'm not a big fan of cartoons but if I have to watch one it's most certainly going to be Phineas & Ferb! Love those guys!

6. Even though I may not be the world's best or most interesting blogger I absolutely love blogging and following all the other amazing bloggers out there. It encourages and inspires me!

7. I am looking into starting a bit of a "home career" soon - still thinking about it but it seems like something I could do. But I tend to doubt myself too much and I'm so afraid of failing that I tend to not step into things without a lot of caution.

8. I'm still taking piano lessons. I've felt a bit discouraged and uninspired with it lately but I'm hoping that's just a phase I can work myself out of.

9. The highlight of my week (not including the weekend with my hubby and daughter!) is Zumba. I really look forward to getting out of the house and just having a fun work out with other women. I've been doing this work out thing by myself for so long that having other people to work out with even once a week is so exciting for me!

10. I tend to worry about what other people think about me too much. It keeps me from saying how I really feel a lot of time. I don't want to hurt people's feeling or make them mad at me.

11. I have a hard time saying No. Especially to Gianna, I probably give in more then I should.

12. I originally was going to name my daughter Eisley Tatum but for some reason during the first few months of my pregnancy (when I was sicker than a dog!) the very thought of that name made my stomach turn ( no clue why!) so I decided to change it. Originally wanted to change it to Giselle, then settled on Gianna. And yes, her middle name Elyn is after Tiger Wood's ex-wife, Elin. We just changed the 'i' to a 'y'.

13. I have a thing for shoes and purses but I never buy expensive ones. What's the point? I'm only going to use it for so long and then I don't feel guilty getting rid of it. Someone bought me two super expensive purses a long time ago and I held onto them for years even though I didn't like them anymore simply because they were expensive. That's no good!

14. My favorite coffee shop treat (when I'm not watching what I'm eating!) is a Mocha with an extra shot of chocolate. When I'm eating right I get a sugar free iced peppermint tea. Yummy and refreshing. Mocha's always give me a tummy ache later, I think it's too much sugar at once!

15. I LOVE hard boiled egg whites (detest the yolks! gag!) with hot sauce! So, so, so good!

16. I actually don't mind mowing our huge yard with a push mower. It's a great time to listen to music and get some seriously great exercise!

17. I talked my hubby into adopting our cat, Gandalf, from the Pet Center at PetSmart simply because his name was Gandalf and my hubby is a HUGE Lord of the Rings fan.

18. I love Twilight, and I'm not ashamed to say it.....lol! I think it's a beautiful and well written story. And yeah, I admit, I'm a sucker for a good love story, chick flick!

19. I am an avid reader, my favorite authors are Stephen King and Dean Koontz. They are both brilliant writers and they have just about an endless supply of books they've penned so I'm never out of reading material!

20. My current favorite band is Elbow but my all time favorite is still Coldplay. Something about their music is just magical.

21. Favorite songs right now are Jesus Is A Rochdale Girl by Elbow and On The Floor by JLo. Yeah, don't ask! Haha! It's just so catchy and dancey and fun!

22. Gianna starts pre-school in August and I'm really excited! And so is she, I know how much she loves being with other kids and loves learning and I know she's do great. She already has her backpack, I just have to take it and have her name put on it.

23. I hate doing laundry. Seriously, I will let it go as long as I can before I actually do it. Then I just spend all day working on it! Lol!

24. I can not wait to get all brown and tanned this summer! It's my favorite part of summer.

25. Friday is my favorite day of the whole week - it's the first day of our weekend. My hubby works four 1o hour days and then we get three days off for our weekend! It's wonderful!

So if you decide to "play" along, link up!!! And leave me comment and let me know so I can check out your post. Also leave me any questions you'd like to ask me and I'll answer them! anything goes (Maybe!!!! Lol!)!


Polos, Pearls, & Pacifiers


1 comment:

  1. This is fun! I wanna play!... Saying no is also one of the things I struggle the most, any advice?

    Cess O. <3
    The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete