Monday, April 25, 2011

Here's A Clue


So today was my first day on my "new" diet plan. I'm only 16 days away from going to the beach now and I'd like to drop about 5lbs. (or more!) before I go. But I've also hit kinda of plateau. Which happens with everyone who is on a serious quest to lose weight. I've been doing this for over a year and a half now and it's finally coming to a stand still. So I've decided to try something a little different - going low carb and low calorie this time around. Focusing on eating very few complex carbs like bread, pasta, potatoes, etc. Today was Day 1 and it actually went really well. I will say I missed my big bowl of bran flakes at breakfast but other then that I can't say I missed the bread or anything. Now I can't guarantee that's how I'll feel a week down the road. But today for a snack Bug and I went by McDonald's to get her an ice cream. I got a cheeseburger and took of the bread - ate the cheese and burger patty! That was kinda funny. Hardee's used to have a low carb burger that was wrapper in lettuce instead of having a bun.....now I'm wondering if they still have that!

Another big thing today - I drank all my water. Yup. I've mentioned it before I have a hard time drinking, anything really. It's not that I don't like water, I actually really do. Growing up we weren't allowed to have a lot of juice or anything. Usually we could have a glass at breakfast of juice or milk and other then that we drank water. Rarely ever had a soda and on special occasions my mom would make sweet tea! I know that drinking water is very important and really good for boosting the metabolism. So I'm trying to focus on getting all my water in - you are supposed to drink half your weight in ounces. So for me that's about 62-64 ounces. Goodness. But I pre measure it in a large drinking bottle and keep it in the fridge and drink it through out the day. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time running back and forth to the bathroom today! Lol! Hopefully my body gets used to it soon and will handle that much liquid a little better.

But I am inspired to get back into things hard and heavy, besides the fact that I'm going to the beach and I wanna feel and look good. Yesterday I had my hubby snap a picture of me and it was awful - not his photography but me! Lol! And that's always my clue that I'm letting myself slip too much. When I'm where I'm supposed to be weight and fitness wise I love having pictures taken of myself, when I start hating them I know it's time to get back and get serious!

My hubby and I have a little competition going to see who can lose to their "goal" first. Not our ultimate goal but our "first goal" so to speak. I make little goals towards my big goal. It helps it not feel so overwhelming. He has 8lbs. to lose and I have 5lbs. I laugh because I swear all he has to do is not drink soda for a week and he'll be down those 8lbs. I'll have to go carbless, work out like crazy and hopefully lose what I wanna lose....but we'll see!

So let's do this thing!!!


2 comments:

  1. You've tried myfitnesspal.com right? It's amazing! It has a calorie counter, workout counter, etc. You have to look at it if you haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LOVE myfitnesspal.com! I actually used their app. on my iPod and as soon as I get my iPhone I'll be using it again. It's so helpful and convenient!

    ReplyDelete