Friday, August 21, 2009

Whats your style?

So over the past few years of my life my style has come and gone, lacked greatly, etc. Growing up I had zero style until about 15 years old and then I realized I liked fashion. I had a bit of a preppy look for awhile. With a splash of unique! I tried to mimic bands I liked and their "fashion taste". I've always been a fan of a good pair of jeans and a rockin' pair of shoes! I think that a new pair of shoes can make an old outfit feel brand new! I have SO many shoes - currently about 30 pairs I think. And the only reason I don't have more is because, well, there are more important things to buy and pay for right now! Working at a shoe store would be AMAZING for me!!! Lol! But as I've changed my style has changed, or gone away really! I'm so much more stylish and experimental in my mind. Yet it doesn't translate out. I think I started losing a bit of my fashion sense in Cosmetology school (I know, a fashion industry and I lost my style?!) but at school we had to wear a black t-shirt, black pants and black shoes 5 days a week and the every evening a worked a job where I work black pants and a button up shirt. I started wearing flats and comfortable shoes instead of cute, sexy shoes like I used to! After school was over I went to work as a stylist, on my feet all day. Again comfy shoes, black dress pants and a shirt that was hidden under an apron! Then I got married and got pregnant, again, just comfy! After Gianna was born my body was out of shape and foreign to me. I continued to gain weight. None of my cute clothes fit, I was uncomfortable with how I looked in clothes so everything got big, shapeless and well, comfortable! I hate my style. I hate the clothes I wear. I get tired of the preppy "mom" look. I'm only 22 for God's sake. I still have lots of "cool" in me! I love the rocker chic look, a little grunge, a little prep and little hot! Lol! I'm working hard at getting back in shape so that I can once again dress cute! Dress in the style that's in my head! I wanna wear skinny jeans, leggings and short skirts again! And I will be soon! Bring on the style, baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment