Friday, September 2, 2011

First Day of School!

First of all let me remind you that the big girl headed off to school today used to be this little chubby cheeked angel and I swear it was just yesterday that she looked like this......

(I mean seriously, can you stand her cuteness?!!)

I got up at 6am this morning and went upstairs around 6:15am to wake up the big girl!
She was already wide awake and sitting up in bed. We have been talking about this day for
months and months and it was finally here!

She ate all her oatmeal because I told her there probably wouldn't be any snacks before
lunch (Bug is a big snacker so I knew this would be an adjustment for her.)
She just kept saying she was nervous BUT so excited too!
She was so nervous she wouldn't even finish her chocolate milk and that's never happened!

After that we brushed our teeth.....
Her new motto (she came up with all on her own!) is "Fresh teeth are happy teeth!"
So flippin' cute!

We got up a little too early so we had some time to kill so I let her watch some cartoons but
she insisted on wearing her back pack while she waited. We got this back pack back in
January I think and I wouldn't let her open it or touch it until today. Even though she really
doesn't need one. She took her change of clothes, blanket and stuffed animal for nap time
in it but it just stays at the school for the week.

Daddy went into work later today just so he could go with us to drop her off for her first day!

I asked Beej if he thought it was Ok for me to drop her off in work out clothes. He said yes. Lol!

"Let's goooooo!"


I mean, how cute is that owl back pack?! I love it!

We got there and took her inside. She found her caddy with her name and put her back pack in
it. Showed us a poster of things that started with "A". Beej met her teacher and then we kissed
her and she headed off to play and we left!

Luckily, I had a few errands to run today. What time I was here at the house by myself was so
weird. Seriously, I'm so used to having her around all the time. The house seemed so still
and quiet. I really really want to get a job soon just so I'll have something to do while she's gone!

1:45pm finally rolled around and I headed out to pick her up. We had NO problems with drop
off, she was ready to go and I knew she'd be fine. She didn't cry, I didn't cry. We were all fine. I joked that she wouldn't cry when I dropped her off she'd cry when I picked her up.
She was all smiles at first, with a little bit of lunch still on her face. But once I signed her out and we started walking to the cry she started crying a little. I asked why and she said they didn't get to have "recess" which to her means going and playing on the playground!
I assured her that they'd go to the playground sometime!
I could tell she was tired so I offered to let her "rest" in her bed and read some books knowing she'd fall asleep. A little while later I went up and found her sound asleep with a book over her face!

So I moved it so you could see her sleeping beauty self!
She slept for an hour and a half then got up a little grumpy. I asked her why and she said
she just wanted to go back to school! I promised she could go back and go many more days.
I showed her on the calendar the days she'd be at home and then ALL the days she'd get to go to school and she was much happier!

After daddy got home we went out and "celebrated" with pineapple and pepperoni pizza!
So very proud of my big girl and honestly I just can't believe she's in preschool already.
I know I thought about this day and even talked about it but it seemed so far away at the beginning. Now I feel like I hardly remember that chubby little baby.....now that seems so far away. I'm scared that if I blink she'll be in high school already.

You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing. What! Is it nothing to be happy? Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long? Never in his life will he be so busy again. ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau,Emile, 1762

We've had bad luck with our kids - they've all grown up. ~Christopher Morley


3 comments:

  1. Aww so cute! Im litte one is starting preschool, I cant believe how fast it goes. Im now following you, adorable blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does go by so fast, Jill! It kinda makes me sad...I understand why people keep having kids now because that sweet baby stage goes by so quickly! And welcome to my blog, I'm glad you're here!

    ReplyDelete