Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy, Happier, Happiest!

Happiness is excitement that has found a settling down place. But there is always a little corner that keeps flapping around. ~E.L. Konigsburg

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet. ~James Openheim

Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want. ~Margaret Young


We had a wonderful vacation, we truly did. We had a lot of fun and our trip down and back (a total of 20+ hours) was surprisingly smooth. Gianna did SO great and I'm very proud to know that we don't have to be scared to travel with her. And over the weekend I realized what a truly well behaved child we have, and yeah, I'm proud because I know I've done something right! I don't have to be scared she's going to meltdown or flip out on me. She was so in awe of the ocean and loved the sand and pool and of course spending time with her cousin. Towards the end of our trip, the last night we went out it was a slightly stressful situation trying to find parking and get inside a super busy place to eat dinner (it was NUTS!) I found myself getting really worked up and frustrated, once we did park and get inside we couldn't find the rest of our party and my sis kept calling but I couldn't hear her over the noise. And I found myself suddenly completely bent out of shape and ill and almost down right angry. Yes, I know, I could use the excuse I was tired because I was at that point but that doesn't matter. And on the way home the next day Beej and I started talking about happiness, true happiness and about being a laid back, easy going person.

I envy those people are take everything in stride, nothing ruffles their "feathers" or at least it takes A LOT to ruffle them. I want to be like that, I want to laugh off frustrating situations because the real point is getting bent out of shape and getting frustrated doesn't fix any thing, does it? In fact, if anything it makes it worse.

I know how many times I get frustrated with Gianna over little things and I SO DON'T want to be that way! I want to be an easy going mom, a fun mom, a happy mom! I want her to look back and say she had a happy childhood and that her mom was happy. Period. I want my husband to know he has a happy wife!

So I have this new goal to be the happiest me I can be - to take a deep breath when I feel frustration taking and focus on the good. Will I always win? Probably not, but I'm going to try my best!!! Because it can only make life better, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment