Monday, June 7, 2010

Why is trying to be perfect wrong?




I don't believe anyone will ever be perfect. No one will ever see themselves as perfect, even if they are someone else's perfect. I see lots of girls who I think are perfect but I know they don't see themselves that way. So I don't say things like "why can't you see how gorgeous you are?" I compliment them, yes, but make fun of how they see themselves? No way. Because I know that to some I may look great but I don't see that at all. As a human being it is in my nature to see my imperfections. I thought that was terrible at some point, and there are still days I wish I could change that but in the end seeing my imperfections keeps me working hard to make them better - both physically and mentally and even emotionally too. Everyone's "perfect" is different.
Now that I have a daughter my view on things haven't changed - I don't mind her watching people who are fit dance or perform, I don't mind if she looks at pictures of super attractive women and gets the idea that she wants to be like that. Then work for it I say. No, you may never look exactly like they do but keeping a goal in mind and working towards it will never hurt you. I know I may never look exactly like Jessica Alba or Kristin Stewart or Stacy Dupree but all these women inspire me to be the best I can be. They inspire me to work towards perfection. But I know that if you talked to any of them they probably see only their imperfections. And that's why keeps me going! I know that deep down we all probably see ourselves the same way.
I get tired of people acting as though models or people who are really thin, fit and trim are stupid or wrong and they belittle them. I've found that most people that do are people who know they will never look like that! They know they don't have the discipline it takes to reach that goal. No, not everyone is going to be a size 2 but I guarantee that most of the people making fun of a size 2 are probably just angry they'll never be that. I know that for me my ideal is size is a 4, I'm currently a 6 and I'm not unhappy with that but I'm still working toward my ideal goal.
Body image isn't all bad - I admire actresses and models because I know how hard most of them work to stay in the shape they stay in. I know they eat healthy or work out hard enough to counter act what they eat! People think that if they walk a couple of miles a day and eat a few less calories that they'll look like a model they have another thing coming....most actresses, actors and model work out for hours and really hard too. I appreciate it even more now that I've been working out, I know how hard I work out and it's not even close to what they do.
It takes a lot of work to be beautiful, fit and healthy. I have long ago realized that making fun of that doesn't make me look or be any better.
And I hope and I pray I can always encourage Gianna to be fit and healthy. I don't want her to be over weight as a teenager because I'm not going to coddle her and pretend she's fit when she's not. I've long ago learned that men's attention does not mean you are attractive or have it going on....some men will settle for anything if they think they'll "get some". Just because you have men following you around doesn't mean that's you have it - because if you take a look at the guys I'm sure they aren't super fit themselves! Lol! People are drawn to what they are most of the time.....I won't judge Gianna's fitness based on how many guys are calling her. That's just dumb. There is a doctor based ideal weight for every body type and age. It's not hard to find and I'm sure that most of us aren't in that ideal range. I know I'm still 9lbs outside of my ideal weight as a doctor has recommended.
In other words, I'll boil it down - stop harping on women who are fitter then you are just because you don't want to work hard enough to be there. Criticizing doesn't get you anywhere but hated! It makes me angry to think that one day Gianna might be one of those "twig girls" that others hate on because she isn't chubby or thick or built "athletic" - it amuses me when people say that because most athletic people don't look anything like those who get labeled with that term these days wouldn't last a two minutes in a truly athletic venture. Gianna is thin and tiny and probably will be that way the rest of her life. She may end up being tall and thin like her Daddy, either way I want her to be the fittest and best she can be!
There is nothing wrong with wanting to look like the girls above...I hope that one day I can put my picture of there with them and feel proud that I actually worked that hard and got there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment