Tuesday, June 8, 2010

"Don't Apologize...."


I seem to attract stupid people! I don't know what it is but I always "hang" around people who just really shouldn't be given the time a day. And usually in the end when they finally show their true colors I get involved in a little verbal "jousting" and end up looking as dumb as they are. But I have made a decision to not defend myself unless someone is putting down my God, my Faith, my husband, my child or my family. Most people do not deserve the time of day I've given them anyway. They think they are so loved but if they only knew how many of the people around them can't stand them behind their back they would probably have more of a complex and do their best to be a little nicer. The key is that I don't allow myself to be pulled down by toxic people. I can't stand on their ship as it sinks with them.....
I have long ago said that my blog is for my opinion, my thoughts, my ideas, etc. No one else has to apologize for their blog - everyone these days prides themselves on "being honest" and "speaking their minds" but the moment you do, how dare you? And they raise their big, ugly heads to let you know.
My blog yesterday ticked someone off, it didn't offend them it just pissed them off. But to be honest, this time around I don't care because what I said was MY opinion just like what she says on her blog is hers. Everyone is telling her not to apologize for her opinion, it's her blog, etc. And I say the exact same thing...she was mad because she felt I dissed her child, but I didn't. Ultimately she was upset because what I said was true ( see my blog "Why is trying to be perfect wrong?"). I love who I am becoming and who I am, I don't have to put down children to feel good about myself! The funny thing is, this lady did just that - she used her blog to describe her child's friends in not-so-pretty terms. In fact, if I were those children's mothers I would be having a hay day with her right now! But I'm not, so I leave that alone.....it isn't worth my time in the end. I just felt bad and defensive for the girl she called a "twig" and said didn't have any boyfriends or any prospects of one. Sorry, I think most people who have read that and come to the conclusion that she was saying she didn't have a boyfriend because she was skinny. She had just got done saying that her daughters "overweight" friend had tons of guys following her around....but I know who I am and defending it to her won't do anything because she's a bitter person who sees everyone as someone trying to use and victimize her. I don't make light of the fact that some people have had a hard life, an abusive childhood, etc. But at some point you have to move on.....and I guess that's where God comes in. When you claim He doesn't exist you don't have anything to grasp onto except your hatred towards other people. I pray at some point this woman can find true peace and love.
As far as my blog yesterday, I stand by it - I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. If you feel like I was wrong then that is OK, it's your opinion and you are even allowed to say so! But in the end, it's my blog and what I say goes! Lol! I have found that most of the time the people who get super angry about stuff are the people it's true about.....so I let it speak for it's self.
So I continue to work towards perfection....I'll probably never get there but that doesn't stop me from trying to reach it! Today is my second day off sugar, yesterday went so well - I'm holding my breath for another great day! Yes, I'm back in full force!

No comments:

Post a Comment