Monday, June 14, 2010

Not Gone Forever!


I know that I haven't blogged in, well, what seems like a really long time. At least for me who usually blogs once or twice a day! Lately I've just been busy, summer seems to do that. And when I'm not busy I tend to get lazy and just don't take the time to do it. I've had a couple of blog topics and ideas rolling around my scattered mind lately but they've stayed topics and ideas and haven't developed into anything else really. But I'm not gone forever, I'll be back! Lol! I've been trying to make sure Gianna gets "outside time" lately, she loves being outdoors and playing, now that the pool is open that's going to help alot. She'll stay in until she's shaking like a leaf and her lips are blue. But I think wearing her out has done her a world of good. She sleeps so well, not that she's ever been a bad sleeper really.
We stayed the night at Mom's last night so that I could go to an "all day" scrapbooking day with her while Gi stays here with my sister. They are going to watch movies and go swimming. I am SO thankful for my parents and especially my sister, D, they help me so much. I wouldn't be able to do half the things I do without their willingness to help me with Gianna. Someone asked me the other day how I do all I do - I had to laugh out loud! I don't feel like I really do anything. Compared to so many other mom's I know and admire who have more on their plates and more kids I feel like such a slacker. I honestly don't get involved with a lot because I hate being committed to something and not having the freedom to decide to do something else on that day or at that time. I usually kinda "commit as I go"! The only thing I've completely committed to lately is piano lessons - and that's at a time that I probably couldn't be doing much else anyway - Beej works and the kids take piano around the same time and those people are usually the only two people I go do things unexpectedly with! But I'm glad I'm taking the time out to do this, it means a lot to me.
I'm so excited about scrapbooking today! I don't get to do it at home much because I just don't have the space to get all my stuff out and plus Gianna's at the age where she wants to "help" me all the time so she won't leave my stuff alone so these scrapbooking days have become my time to catch up with my photos and I love it. I love creating and saving the memories....because I see how quickly time is passing already. Today I'm going to work on scrapbooking Gianna's birthday party photos and Mother's Day photos....I can't believe how far away those two events already seem. Summer will be long gone before I know it. So I am trying to enjoy every little moment that we do something or do nothing at all! I spent some time yesterday going through some of my mom's creativity books getting new ideas for scrapping today. I don't want my pages to all start looking the same or having the same "theme". There are just SO many things you can do when it comes to scrapbooking. I'm glad I only have one child to keep up with! Between photos of her, family events and a few of Beej and I here and there I stay pretty loaded down....but I know how much I love going back and looking at old photographs of my life and even my parents lives before I was even thought of! There is something sweet in that and I hope one day that Gianna feels the same way and all this time and effort I've enjoyed putting into preserving our life will be appreciated!
So I'm off to get my crazy bed head in order so that I can head out the door! It looks like I rolled around on the top of my head all night! Lol! Craziness! Much love, bloggers (and fellow scrapbookers!)

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I know you more already! (smile)
    We share a love of music although I haven't heard of any of the songs you mentioned. I will have to try to Utube them and give them a listen. Glad you are so into scrapbooking too...another of my loves! I wish you could come on Friday night! I play the piano too by the way...for my church. Used to play some in restaurants and hotels, that sort of thing, but I am not really all that good. When I serve the Lord with it I know He sees my heart and knows I am doing the best I can with it for Him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Pam! I love reading people's blogs because I feel like it's a glimpse into their lives and that's what I provide here for those that are interested! Piano is quickly becoming a love of mine....it's so rich and beautiful! I'm eager to start writing songs again and I hope that learning piano will inspire me more.

    ReplyDelete