Sunday, June 6, 2010

Does he think he's God?


Last night I was on Facebook and took the time to comment on someone's status - yeah, I knew ahead of time it would be a problem because I wasn't agreeing with them and this particular person seems to have a problem with anyone not fully agreeing with them. But lo, and behold, it wasn't even her that ended up flipping out on me. It was her husband! Lol! I actually deleted him as a friend awhile back because he's a mouthy, hot head and is constantly shoving his opinion down your throat. And by God, if you state how you feel he'll unleash holy battle on you! It actually kinda cracks me up. But his wife was saying that she believed God's punished those who messed up and unleashed His wrath on them. I simply told her I disagreed, that I believed God did have to step back and allow the consequences of sin to take us if we rebelled against Him but that He didn't intentionally inflict punishment on us. I don't believe that He is sitting in Heaven waiting for us to mess up so that He can punish us with a "take that!" attitude. That's too human. God's heart breaks when He has to take His hand of protection and mercy off of us so that we experience the the "rewards" of what we've sown. I get tired of everyone making God out to be this tyrant ruler waiting to punish His subjects. If they believe that then this man and his wife better hold on tight because I'm sure they've screwed up and if they truly believe what they "preach" then they are in for it too!
After that status she put up a status about blasphemy. She didn't define it quite correctly and someone else mentioned that. In fact this is what they said, "That's not the definition of blasphemy. :)" And her husband WENT OFF!!! I was shocked! He called the guy names and told him NOT TO LEAVE SMILEY FACES. I was laughing when I read it.....he then proceeded to go off on me - telling me I was carnal, and anti-God and a fence rider. I told him that I was done with "shove it in your face, like it or lump it" type Christians. God is much more then that....He desires you to come to a full knowledge and understanding of Him, He desires it more then anything but He doesn't force it on you. It is important to spread the Truth and live the Truth but to do it with love, sincerity and a peaceful spirit. I truly believe that "Christians" like him are the reason so many people don't want to be Christians. If he's their example I'd run pretty far! I told him it wasn't his place to judge me and He had the nerve to tell me if was his place....I guess he thinks he's God and if he does well, that is the definition of blasphemy. I'm not into a perfectionist view of Christianity. We make mistakes, daily, and God is faithful and just to forgive us our sins when we repent and turn from them. Thank God He is not human or full of human nature!!!!
But this whole ordeal disappointed me....although I haven't really liked this man for awhile it was more just because our personalities clashed and I left it at that. But after he open attack on my Christianity because He "thinks" I believe wrong was beyond me. I wasn't saying God is some soft marshmallow who will let anyone into Heaven. I know better then that but I also think that people who live with this attitude of how mean God is have it wrong. I think there is a balance, I've seen people shift to the "marshmallow" idea WAY too much and then there are people like this man who go WAY to far the other way. I'm not saying I have it balanced perfectly. I've been taught both ways really and I'm having to find the balance for myself.
Thankfully I know for myself that I'm not carnal, a fence rider or anti- God. I love my Jesus with all my heart and can't imagine living one day without Him to guide me, love me and protect me. My heart breaks for those who have a misunderstanding of who He is, truly. My heart also breaks for those who believe they can live in daily sin and still get into Heaven. I have several people I am close to who are doing this right now and it scares me to think that if they died today they wouldn't go to Heaven. Yet they won't see that they are wrong....I pray that they find the beauty and understanding of the full Truth.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I know someone who does the same thing by mixing up meanings and even Bible stories. When people try to say that she is wrong, she starts yelling and gets upset with everyone. People basically gave up talking to her and I haven't seen in her about two years. Everyone still prays for her though, so I will be praying for this family too.

    Blessings,
    Maggie
    www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Maggie mentioned above...WOW!!! I would say that usually staying out of peoples 'status business' is the best way to go, but when it comes to someone stating that the Lord is someone who brings wrath and punishment on His children...whew! I also agree with you Alaythea that sometimes God steps back away from us removing that hedge of grace and mercy over us so that we might learn from our choices made of our own free will, but I do not believe that God 'fires' at us with ill intent like that lady was saying...sheesh! GOD IS LOVE for crying out loud...sure wish that husband and wife would see that! Yes, I would have jumped the gun and commented on that fb status pronto too! I'm sorry it got kinda heated for you with that guy's words/mouth, but you did the right thing in standing up for God, girl! WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, with her view of God, we ALL would have been struck with "lightning" a long time ago. This is crazy. If that is true then why do bad things happen to good people and why are some of the most heathen sinful people in the world filthy rich and have the world at their fingertips? There are times in the Bible when God unleashed his wrath on people but usually it came with a warning. (the instances I can think of anyway)

    ReplyDelete