Saturday, June 5, 2010

Oh So Girly!


I love being a girl! I really do, I don't think there has ever been a moment in my life where I thought, "I wish I were a boy." Never! People go back and forth between who has it the hardest and all that. I don't think one of the other has it easier then the other, each sex has it's own pro's and con's. But like I said, I love being a girl! I love high heels, cute dresses and skirts, fixing my hair, wearing make up, painting my toenails, etc. And I'm SO SO glad I had a little girl, sure I know, if I had a boy I probably would say the same thing but I don't know. There is just so much fun you can have with a daughter - I love dressing her up, putting bows on her, painting her nails....all those fun, girlie things!

******

But occasionally I think all the things I have to do to look "good" and all the time I spend doing it....don't get me wrong, I'd much rather spend time doing all the things I do to make myself presentable then actually walk around looking crappy! Lol! I was thinking though, I spend at least 20 minutes on my hair everyday.....my hair is naturally wavy so I can't just blow dry it and go or just leave it to air dry. I have to blow dry it and then flat iron it everyday. My make up takes 10-15 minutes depending on how "full" of a face I put on. I always wear at least some eyeliner and mascara! And I don't find these things tiresome at all, I like it. I love the way eyeliner and mascara open my eyes, the way eye shadow makes my eyes pop, the way mineral powder buffs my skin smooth and lip gloss makes my lips full and glossy! I enjoy those things and I can't wait to teach Gianna how to use make up - she already has loads of play make up but she's not quite at the age where she cares how it goes on just yet! I look forward to exchanging make up tips with her one day.

*******

But I'll be honest here, since most of my readers are women anyway, I come from a Lebanese back ground so just to put it out there we are dark skinned, hairy people! Lol! I know, nasty huh? It is if you leave it that way.....I've been plucking my eyebrows since I was like 12 and bleaching my facial hair for a long time too. Not to long ago my mother and I decided to go in together and invest in a home wax machine. The greatest thing we've ever done for sure! I love not having to go to a salon to have my face waxed. It's much more convenient and there whenever we need. But goodness, today I went in the bathroom and my mom owns one of those big make up mirrors with lights and it has a magnifying option. And oh, yikes! That thing brings out every awful thing on your face - every hair, every line, every large pore, every pimple. Not a pretty sight at all, kinda freaked me out. I think I don't look half bad until I look in that mirror and then I'm afraid to show my face. I spent almost 30 minutes today plucking, trimming and waxing! Nothing is worse then a mustache on a woman! LOL!!! Sorry ladies, I admit, I have one but I don't keep it! And Lord, don't shave it....that makes it ten times worse. Mustache's don't look good on men and they certainly don't look good on women. Most women think that if it's blonde then it's OK, but after years of doing that myself I realized it was almost just as noticeable as when it's dark. Waxing is a good investment, ladies. Even if you don't go out and buy your own machine (although I'd recommend it, you can get everything you need for less then $50 and it will last you at least 6 months or longer). You'd spend about $15-20 including tip every time you have to go to the salon to have it done. It's not that hard really and if you keep up with it doesn't take that long to do. I've known way too many women who live their lives with facial hair, noticeable facial hair. It's something I notice because it's something I struggle with.

******

But in the end I think it's all worth it - that feeling of smooth skin after you shave or wax. Yup, totally worth it! I think our men appreciate it too! I will never understand why women go through all they go through to impress their boyfriend or whatever before they get married.....they would never dream of going on a date with stubbly legs or hairy upper lip. Yet once they are married it's suddenly "just how it is." True, once we are married there are going to be times when our husbands are bound to see us in our truest, naturalist form. But why don't we put more effort into maintaining ourselves better? I have watched over and over as men leave their wives for other women (there is NO excuse for this, it's wrong, but.....) why do think that they can look like crap every day and their husbands be crazy about that? If that's how you won him then so be it but most likely that's not how he fell in love with you. I hear women say all the time that they hate it when men have "trophy wives" and that they don't ever want to be called that but honestly, most of those women say that because they are overweight and hate that they don't look like "trophy wives" themselves. I've been there, I've done that! And yes, a husband is supposed to love you no matter what, and most of our husbands do but don't they deserve better? Don't they deserve for us to try our hardest to look as good as when they met us? It's been a long time of learning for me but slowly I've started realizing that I have to make an effort to be beautiful for my husband, he deserves that. And that means eating healthy, working out to better ourselves mentally and physically, getting dressed during the day if we stay at home, putting on some make up and fixing our hair. It's amazing what that will do for you, and your husband!!!

*******

So, ladies, embrace your feminine side! Take up all those "silly" girly things and love them! Paint your toenails, curl your hair, etc. It's amazing how sassy a good swipe of mascara can make you feel or how sexy a cute pair of heels with the same ole dress can make you look! Take the time to make yourself shine....you deserve it as well as those you love. Because until you can love yourself you can truly love those around you!

2 comments:

  1. I love being a girl too! I love dressing up in pretty dresses with heals or steletos (sp?) and being able to wear all of the fun, cute, girly shirts. Doing hair and make-up is one of my favorite parts of the day because I just love how mascara makes it look like I actually have eyelashes because I have light blond hair.

    Blessings,
    Maggie
    www.foreverfindingmybliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owe, my best friend struggles so hard with the facial hair issue. She has been saving up to have laser hair removal for years and finally has started the process. It's $1500 to have her full face done, because her’s goes well beyond the upper lip. She has spent so many hours of her life waxing, shaving, plucking, etc. that I am so hoping this is the fix all to the problem. She has actually had men say something to her about it, which couldn’t be more horrible of them! She is so beautiful too, her features are so perfect and bold it looks like she’s wearing full makeup when she isn’t wearing anything at all. She’s also very smart, very driven, dedicated, and has a bomb shell body. What a loss for those jerks!

    She is very pale, but has almost black hair, which makes it even worse, but according to the laser hair ppl, that is the perfect combination to have for the best results. She knows ppl who have great success stories, and others with bad stories who have had it done, so I’m crossing my fingers for her. I think the worse part about it all is she has to grow it out just a tad for the laser to work, and she is REALLY stressing about that part. (Thankfully, she is getting married to a wonderful man in August who couldn’t care less as long as she isn’t stressed out about it anymore.) And I think that will be the best part of all if it works. ~ For something that has totally consumed her worry to be gone and her be free from it will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete