Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last Night.

Gianna had Butterfinger bites for breakfast, leftover from the movie last night/this morning! I'm a walking zombie at the moment just trying to sit up straight on the couch while she watches cartoons. I don't do well with late nights, probably because I've never been able to really sleep in. I woke up on my own at 8am this morning, she appeared around 8:15am. I was attempting to go back to sleep and might have been successful but I don't know. I tried napping on the couch while she watched TV but that's not really working either. I'm hoping exhaustion will just take over soon and I'll just sleep again but that will probably have to wait till after lunch when I can coax her into a nap too! I didn't get into bed till almost 4am! Whew.

********


Today I'm starting a protein shake cleanse. I feel so bloated and awful after popcorn and soda last night. I usually do but for some reason it sounds like a good idea at the time. Plus my skinny jeans were a little snug right out of the dryer last night and that made me nervous. I freaking out that I'm gaining weight back and since I refuse to let that happen it's now time to take action! So after three days of this cleanse I'll go back to my strict diet and hopefully drop another 5lbs or so. At least. I'm always inspired by Bella/Kristen Stewart when I was watch Twilight, New Moon and now Eclipse. She is so amazing, so beautiful, so fit and I just love her style! So once again I am inspired to get myself back at it. I've cut out sugar on Monday but I did cheat and have one Butterfinger bite and some Coke at the movie last night. The salty popcorn got to me, I had to have something to counter it! But no excuses are good excuses so I've got to stop making them. They are what put me in the situation I was in before....and I don't want to go back to that!

********




So, Eclipse, was amazing to say the least! I was pretty sure from the clips and stuff that it was going to blow New Moon out of the water and it did! I really hope they get this director to direction Breaking Dawn but as I write that I'm pretty sure I've already heard they have someone else lined up to do it. Oh, well. This guy (David Slade) did a fantastic job. The angles were really cool, he really captured the "darker" side of Eclipse. I think whoever wrote the script did an amazing job of really condensing the book down and not skipping out on much and not making you feel like the scenes were cut short - like they were in New Moon. I don't remember thinking that anything was missing last night. I'm not anti-Jacob like so many of the "Team Edward" fans are but at the same time he really comes across as a selfish little prick in Eclipse and he portrayed that very well! And Bella's sorta back and forth thing gets annoying for just a bit towards the middle of the movie but since I've read the books I know who she ultimately loves and chooses. I think one of my favorite scenes was where Bella is trying to kinda talk Edward into sleeping with her and he remains strong and tells her that is something he wants to save for marriage. I thought it was not only just a great scene but a great message as well. That is one of the biggest things that stood out to me in the whole Twilight series is how "old fashion" and gentlemanly Edward is. It kinda takes you back to a simpler time....he even says that back in his "day" things were far less complicated! Overall, I thought it was great! It was fun hearing where they put the different songs from the soundtrack in, I've been listening to it like non stop of over a week now so I would recognize the songs! So many great artists got show cased. I can't wait to go see it again! I always try to see them at least twice in theaters. You miss so much the first time although you don't realize it until you see it a second time. Plus we have to wait SO dad-gum long before Breaking Dawn comes out - November 2011? Are you serious? I'll be 25! Lord.

But I am SUPER excited about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 in November, Beej and I have watched all the others one and we are caught up now and this one looks crazy good! That series was so much better then people gave it credit for. Not nearly as childish as I assumed it would be. I'm eager to see how it all ends after so many years. Although we won't the know the complete ending until July of next year when they release Part 2.

And of course, Narnia: The Voyage of The Dawn Treader! Totally awesome book as all of the Chronicles were but The Voyage is near the top of my favorites list. I really hope they do The Silver Chair soon, it was my ultimate favorite Chronicle. But those are two movies I'm looking forward to later in the year. Right now I'd really like to see Eclipse again and then The Last Airbender. Jackson Rathbone and Dev Patel are in it so it's bound to be pretty good, not to mention it's a M. Night Shyamalan movie!

*******

So now I'm going to crash on the couch for a bit. Trying to summon up the energy to work out but it might just wait until Sunday. If I skip a day during the week I usually make it up on Sunday morning which is normally my rest day....I'm so groggy headed at the moment the thought of working out makes me wanna fall over but I might find the energy here in a little bit. Who knows!

3 comments:

  1. Yep, it was a great movie. I can't wait to see it again....to make the final call on whether it was my favorite or not. So far 'New Moon' has my heart in every facet!

    Jared is taking me out on a date this week sometime to see 'The Last Airbender' so I'll let you know how it was after I see it. Two movies in one week....saweet! lol

    Yeah, I hope we both find that ENERGY soon! I think mine might come from some homemade cafe verona coffee! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ick! No coffee for me! I totally understand not everyone has the same opinion on the books and movies but I just totally do not understand why you like New Moon so much? I think it's the weakest book and certainly the worst movie so far! Edward isn't in New Moon hardly any and I hate Bella and Jacob getting closer in it....New Moon is for sure my LEAST favorite!!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, you say you're committed to health and fitness, but you fed your small child candy for breakfast? Candy left over from a movie? And then you start going on about how you want to cut out sugar and drop 5 lbs?

    Your child isn't able to make healthy food choices for herself at this point, and the habits she forms now will probably stay with her for a long time. Isn't it your responsibility as a parent to make her health a priority as well as your own?

    This wide-spread obsession with Twilight is really disturbing. Many moms have openly admitted to slacking off where their families and homes are concerned just over this supposedly "amazing" book/movie franchise. I just hope you're not one of them.

    ReplyDelete