Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Will Power & Self Motivation


" I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it must get down to work." - Pearl S. Buck

" If you think you can do it, or you think you can't do it, You are right." - Henry Ford

I never cease to have to constantly push and motivate myself. It is an endless cycle that I know I will probably forever be in. It's just how I am. I used to hate that about myself but now I realize as long as I don't allow my lack of "natural" motivation over take me then I'm ok. As long as I am pushing and getting myself to do things then I'm ok! I over critique myself too much - I don't allow myself any room for error thus I feel like I make too many mistakes. I don't see what I've accomplished as much as I see what I haven't. I recently have really been careless with my eating - it disappoints me to even have to write it here but I have. I start off well during the day and then just get slack and allow myself to much allowance. And I've felt terrible but I just haven't mustered up the will power to get back at it. So today I decide enough is enough and I'm getting back to what got me where I am in the first place. Strict, strict, strict. Not allowing any cheats, not allowing any mishaps. That seems to work best for me. I can't allow myself one thing because then it turns into two, or three, etc. We are going to Savannah for my niece's graduation in less then two weeks and I don't want to go down there feeling like I look like crap after all the hard work I've put in! I'm still working out like mad but I can tell my eating is really holding me back. I'm an emotional eater too and lately I've been a little "out of it". So I've just given in to eating my "comfort" foods. I guess if I had slacked on my working out I would be extremely worried but I've still been pushing hard with my work outs. I was sore yesterday from Monday's work out and I'm hoping I'm sore tomorrow from today's! But anyway, please be on my case, blog readers - make sure I'm stickin' with it again! No slacking from here on! I'm going to try a new shake mix tomorrow from Beach Body called Shakeology - it's got a great mix of protein, vitamins, veggies, etc. I've heard it's awesome and a great meal replacement so I'm eager to try it.
Tomorrow I'm taking Gianna to the dentist, finally. When I made her appointment, a month ago, this was the earliest they had. I was just freaking out her tooth might fall out before then. But so far it hasn't seemed to bother her and it still looks the same. I'm eager to see what they decide what to do - I figured they would just want to pull it since it's a baby tooth instead of trying to fill it. But a friend of mine who works for a dentist says not to let them.....so I'll wait and see what the verdict is tomorrow. I doubt they will do anything but look at it and reschedule her tomorrow. Ugh. Dealing with dr.'s can be so frustrating sometimes.
After that I'm going over to mom's house to re-paint a dresser...it's an older, wood dresser but I'm going to repaint it white and put new handles on it so that it will match Gi's room. I'm pretty excited about it - I've been wanting to get her a dresser for awhile and just haven't done it. I just use a stackable drawer system for her clothes and keep her shoes on her old changing table. I'm eager to get rid of both though!
Calling it a night early tonight and going to snuggle in bed with my love and watch some Lost! We are slowly making our way through it and we absolutely love it! We are still only on season 1 but we are chipping away at it slow but sure! We also have the movie Ghost Town to watch from Netflix......so many movies and shows to keep up with! Also, for those of you who are Twilight fans along with me....they just announced that Breaking Dawn won't be in theaters until November of 2011!!!! November 18th to be exact! I can't believe it....it's going to be a whole year and a half after Eclipse comes out. I've been hearing forever that it would come out November of this year, right after Eclipse. I can't believe they are going to make us wait that long - shame on them!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment