Sunday, May 16, 2010

Black and White's


I have been contemplating learning piano for awhile now....as much as I love guitar I would like to be able to play both. Plus I need some serious refresher courses in guitar anyway. I'm pretty rusty with it. But anyway, my brother and sister have been taking lessons for awhile and I've been really impressed with how well they've learned - and that's usually the sign of a good teacher! So I thought I would try it out. Better later then never! I need something new to inspire me musically anyway. I love piano, love the way it sounds and would love to be able to write songs on piano too....So as of June I'll be starting piano lessons! I am so, so excited! I'm ready to learn and I feel like now as an adult I know the discipline and practice it requires a little more then I did as a care free teenager. I didn't appreciate it as much then as I think I will now. Especially since I'll be paying for my own lessons this time too - it's amazing how much more important something seems when you are paying for it yourself! I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to learn something new. I don't want to get stuck in my ways and never learn anything new. I do love music and I want to get back into it but I'm learning quickly that you have to be talented in many different facets in order to make something of yourself now. There are SO many uber talented people out there. But some of my favorite artists not only write and sing but also play multiple instruments. I'd like to have the basics, guitar and piano, under my belt!
So here's to learning new things and the excitement they hold!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to start the piano teaching endeavor with ya girl! :)

    ReplyDelete