Thursday, May 6, 2010

An Eventful Day


So I had quite an eventful day today! It started off fairly simple and normal like always - I got up, fixed Gi and I breakfast, worked out, cleaned up, picked up the house and got us ready to head to the dentist. I had already talked to Gianna, prepared her for what they would do and told her not to cry and all that. She seemed pretty good with it. I decided to swing by the bank on my way out to make a deposit. I usually get everything out and ready before I get there so that I can get in and get out quickly. I went to get my license and it wasn't in my wallet. It's ALWAYS in my wallet, I never take it out except at the bank and then I put it right back. So I searched everywhere and still couldn't find it. I was SO upset and frustrated. I have knowing I'm driving around without although I've never been pulled over - I decided to swing by the bank anyway and pulled up and the teller said, "Hey, I had this for a while....." and she held up my license to the window!!! I was so thrilled - I had finally concluded I had thrown it away accidentally last time I had cashed a check at the bank.
Made it to the dentist on time and Gianna was doing well. She started sniffling and crying a bit when they called us back but was doing Ok. She didn't want to sit in the chair alone so I sat down and put her in my lap. She opened wide and let the lady look inside still crying a bit - then the lady pulled out the pick. And it all fell apart. I guess to Gianna's little eyes it looked like a needle and she flipped out. Screaming and crying and hyperventilating. By the time the dentist actually came in to look she had locked her jaw shut and wouldn't open for anything. I was so embarrassed and frustrated. But they basically told me that yeah, it's a big cavity, all her other teeth look perfect. They think the tooth was just defective from the beginning. And that they CAN'T DO ANYTHING!!! I was so mad. I had gone through all that, waited a month for this appointment for them to tell me they couldn't do anything. For a child Gi's age they have to put them under to do xrays and fillings but the clinic they refer to won't do it unless there are multiply problems. I was like you have got to be kidding me? So I have to wait until she's got more then one tooth rotting out of her head? I'm just supposed to wait until this one just rots out? They told me to try another dentist and see if they could possibly refer me to some other clinic that would do it with just one. I am still so mad about it all.....not sure what to do next.
After that I headed over to Lowe's to pick up some new handles for the dresser I'm redoing for Gianna. The handles on it were kinda old fashion and I wanted something a little more up to date. I needed some that were 3 1/2 inches long and of course all they have in anything cute and affordable is 3 inches. The ONLY 3 1/2 inch one they had was $3 for each handle and I needed 8! So I left without the handles and figured I would deal with it later....I was still to frustrated to even think straight at that point.
Went to my parents house so sand and paint that dresser - DeeAnna was helping me. I was sanding the front side where the drawers slide in and as I pushed my hand with the sandpaper forward I hit a small piece of wood that was sticking up and felt it slide into the end of my finger and break off. It hurt so bad! I almost cried and I was slightly panicking. Ran inside and got Mom to dig it out and she had to dig. There's a nice little hole in the end of my finger - that splinter was HUGE. So nasty. But we got it finished and got two coats of paint on it, it's going to need about two coats more.
So that sums up my day pretty much! I managed to go by Wal-Mart and exchange a dress I had bought and needed a smaller size in. It's a super cute summer dress....I'm going to wear it tomorrow to get my hair cut! I'm so excited - it's been needing a trim up for a few weeks now. It hardly curls under in the back anymore, I can put it in a little pony tail right. Lol! So I'm going to get it trimmed an inch or so, leaving the sides long but trimming up the back.
D is spending the night - we are going to paint our toenails, watch some TV, eat some frozen grapes and call it night!!! Lol!

2 comments:

  1. Try Dr. Richard Reid here in Hendersonville. He is wonderful! 828-696-2245 I know that's a bit of a drive for you, but he is on the corner of 64W and Blythe St. He fixed my nephew's tooth when he was only 3 by giving him laughing gas first. And the whole place is done up really cool for kids. (they only deal with kids) It really puts them at ease.

    When Coleman was around Gi's age they couldn't get him to hold the plates in his mouth for the x-rays and they gave him a little gas to help with that too.

    They take all forms of insurance including Medicaid and NC Health Choice. But if they have to use the gas on her then it's another $40, cause insurance won't cover it. And you may be in for another month's wait. They are always very busy. But they will call you if anyone cancels, which happens all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much - I'll have to call and try them out. I'm willing to try anything at this point. The only "just for kids" dentists I can find are all in SC and her medicaid won't cover except in NC. So I'll have to call them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete