Thursday, May 20, 2010

Too much Iron!


We went and saw Iron Man 2 last night. It wasn't my first choice really. I am still dying to see Robin Hood but since it was a week night we needed something a little earlier then they were showing Robin Hood so Beej wanted to see Iron Man 2 so I agreed. It wasn't horrible, interesting on some levels but overall about what I expected. As much as I love Robert Downey Jr. and I do think he makes a perfect Tony Stark - his cockiness gets on my nerves through out the movie. The lack of romance between him and Pepper yet again was annoying and Scarlett Johansson's character was strictly for the men's entertainment. She was over done and really pointless! All in all I give it a 6 out of 10 and most of those points are because it's just fun to watch how gorgeous RDJ is on screen! And of course Gwyneth Paltrow is adorable as always!
But aside from that it was nice to have an unexpected date out with my hubby last night. He called me mid afternoon to ask me if I wanted to go! So Gianna spent the night with my family, I love that they are there when ever I need practically. And they are always so quick to take Gianna and give me and Beej a break. I know Gianna has a great time when she's out there and I don't have to worry about her at all! It's kinda odd getting up and her not being here though.....I'm so used my routine including her! But sometimes it's nice to break the routine. But of course I'm not breaking it that much.....getting ready to work out! Today is my "recovery" day so my work out is a little different. Just as hard but a little less cardio. More Yoga style strength training. Eating a lot of oatmeal today, basically that's all I'm adding to this "cleanse" diet I've been doing. I ate some carbs last night at dinner but other then that it's been basically carb less and sugar less. I'm pretty sure I've lost a couple of pounds which is nice. My jeans felt much looser in the thigh and hip area when I put them on last night! I may try it again soon - it wasn't that bad. The second day I had to add a little extra fruit because I was so hungry. But other then that it was surprisingly easier then I thought!
Spent most of yesterday out at Mom and Dad's mowing....I don't necessarily like mowing but it burns more calories is how I see it! Anything for a few extra. I used the mower that doesn't propel itself so it's all my pushing it up and down the hill that is my parent's yard! You don't realize how big or how steep their yard is until you are pushing a mower around it. I was sweating like crazy and my legs and hands are so sore. You don't realize how hard you are pushing against a metal bar until the palms of your hands start feeling bruised. Ouch!
We aren't leaving for GA until around lunch time tomorrow so I'll have time to work out and get everything packed up. Going to do a little of it this evening but I mainly plan to spend the day out in the sunshine! It's going to be sunny and 75 all day so I plan to lay out for about 4 hours! I think I'm going to go pick Gianna up a little kiddie pool for her to play in - I know she'll love it! She enjoys water so much so until Dad gets their pool fixed she'll have to make do with a little pool! But I'm excited to get some sun and just relax for a bit. Going to give all the boys a hair cut and then just chill!

No comments:

Post a Comment