Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The post in which I'm random.....

We are already 3 days into January. What?! My baby sister is going to be 19 in a couple of days. I can't believe it. My youngest brother is going to be 12 this year. It's unreal, I remember when he was born. I was 14 when he was born and I was so "over" having siblings! Lol! We've never been very close....don't get me wrong, I love him, he's my brother. But of all my siblings I feel the least connected to him. It's funny, I seem to kinda go in "shifts" with my sisters - I feel close to one but not the other then suddenly I'm close to the other one and not that one anymore. I guess it's just what we need at the time. The oldest of my two younger brothers will be 16 this year and he's fairly close to my husband. They are both into music and music production and they have the same silly humor!


I started my "A Letter A Day" project! So far so good. I wrote three pages the first day and only 1 yesterday. But like I said, you can just write down a quote you like or think applies for that day. It doesn't have to be a super long letter every day. I'm going to have to go buy some kind of box or container to keep them in. I'm going to tie each month together so that they don't get all mixed up because sorting through 365 letters at the end of the year could be tiresome. But it's going to be crazy to see where we are a year from now and to be able to look back on each day of this year and see what brought us to that point! We have a lot of changes ahead of us this year and that's why I thought this year would be perfect to document daily.

I started the last book of the Dark Tower series. Stephen King is supposedly writing an 8th book to the series although it was supposed to "end" with this book. This series has been amazing. I can't even begin to describe the detail and the imagination in these books. The depth is beyond me....in fact, I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to re-read this entire series to full grasp it all! So deep.

Just wanted to share this picture of my hottie! The ladies are just trippin' over themselves! In fact, one of my friends (jokingly) asked if she could have his number because she needed someone hot to send her comforting text messages when she's alone! Haha! The great thing about B is not only is he physically attractive but he's also got a great personality and great character. I always say he's a very charismatic person and people just like him. The few people who don't usually don't like anybody so they don't count! Lol!

I loved having this cutie pie home with me for almost two weeks straight. I realized just how much I miss her being at school 6 1/2 hours, 5 days a week. I know she loves it and it's really good for her but I hate being home alone and she's such great company. She's really become quite the young lady lately and it's not just having a kid around she's kinda become my buddy. She's into fashion and music and talk and chat and she's just loads of fun! She headed back to school today and the house just seems so quiet and empty with out her.

New Year's Eve we went out during the day and hit up the mall and tried out the new Buffalo Wild Wings. Super yummy! I love good wings and theirs are really good. I got this cute picture of B kissing Gigi on the head. I just happen to have my phone out and my camera open and snapped it. I love candid photos of them!

We've had a first super cold snap.....last night it got down to like 16 I think. Brrrrr. B had the fire roaring and it was so nice and cozy and wintery! But getting out in it this morning was not fun and I feel so bad that my hubby has to work in it all day. I think it's currently like 18 up where he works and it's kinda windy out too. It's supposed to start warming up a bit towards the end of the week but today and tomorrow are supposed to be crazy cold!

I'm going tomorrow to get my hair trimmed and I'm so excited! Lol! I wash, dry and flat iron my hair almost daily so my ends get bad quick. So I really need them trimmed. Plus my hair seems to have a growth spurt after I get it trimmed. And my hair stylist is super fun and sweet so it's nice to chat with her too.

Getting back into working out and trying so hard to eat right but I'm so lazy with it.....I just can't get back into the swing of it. Ugh. So today I'm trying again. Counting calories and all that. And I'm on my second week of Insanity, round I-lost-count. Lol! I haven't really made any resolutions other then be a better me, be the healthiest and fittest me I can and make it through all the changes ahead with a good positive attitude! Hooray for a new year!


2 comments:

  1. does B read your blog? is he aware about the letter a day project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He reads it occasionally and yes, he knows about the project. He thinks it's really sweet!

    ReplyDelete