Thursday, November 18, 2010

GRRRRR!

So I am very, very frustrated with Blogger right now. No matter how I try to post a photograph it simply will not show up! So I can't post anything about our beach trip.....so needless to say I am so very frustrated. I can't seem to figure it out. So if anyone has any tips please let me know. When I post a photograph it says it's "done" but once I click "done" it simple shows up as HTML text, not a picture.

So just hold on until I can get this figured out and can blog all about it because it's no fun to blog without photos!!!

But in the mean time I'm preparing for my very first Thanksgiving alone - well, my in laws will be here and my sister and her husband but this is the first time I have been in charge of getting the meal together and hosting it at my own home. I feel all grown up suddenly! Lol! Although I'm going to miss spending time with my family in AL. I am glad that we don't have to travel right now. We just made a trip to Bama at the end of Oct. and then we just made that huge 9 hr. trip to the beach and back last weekend. I'm kinda glad we are just staying home this time. Of course we'll be traveling for Christmas though! This is my menu plan (if you have a good recipe for any of these menu items, PLEASE share it with me!!! Especially how to cook a turkey!):

Turkey and stuffing
Mashed potatoes and gravy
Green bean casserole
Rolls
Corn
Sweet potato casserole
Fruit salad
Pumpkin pie
Apple pie

I'm most nervous about the turkey obviously, nothing is worse then dry turkey! And of course, balancing cooking everything at the right now. I have no doubt I can cook everything, just making sure it's cooked at the right time so it's not cold or dried out by the time we eat it!!! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment