Monday, December 5, 2011

Holiday Questions!

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate! I hate egg nog but B loves it! I think he's been through two containers of it so far and it's not even Christmas yet! Lol!

2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? Lol! No idea, we didn't do Santa growing up and even though I don't have a problem with him we don't pretend he's real. I wrap the gifts and put them under the tree randomly before Christmas. Gi has started insisting on Santa all on her own and when I laugh and say he's not real she gets offended!

3. Colored lights or white lights on the tree/house? I personally prefer white lights. I like how clean and pretty they look.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope. I'm not even sure what mistletoe looks like really? There is plenty of kissing in this house without having to hang mistletoe up. LOL!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Growing up we ALWAYS put them up Thanksgiving evening. It was a big tradition. But now that I have my own home they usually go up the day after Thanksgiving. We cook and clean up all Thanksgiving day and by the evening I just wanna crash not drag out a tree and figure out lights.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I don't really have a favorite - probably mashed potatoes and croissant rolls! Or ham. And of course all the sweets are a favorite of mine!!!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I think our TN trip every year are some of my fondest memories. We've been doing it for like 10 years now or something.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Like I said, we didn't do the whole Santa thing so I knew from the very beginning he wasn't real.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No, we open all our gifts on Christmas morning. Of course we get some before when we're in TN because we do Christmas with my mom's side of the family. So we can wait till Christmas morning for the rest of our gifts.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights and a little garland and then all our ornaments. Most of my ornaments I got the first year B and I were married - we went to Pier 1 Imports during a big sale and bought lots of pretty ornaments! And then each year on our TN trip we all bring ornaments to share with each other. So I've collected quite a few that way.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I love it if it's on Christmas Day but any other time I could pass. We live in the middle of nowhere and the roads stay bad for a LONG time and I'm terrified of driving out on snowy icy roads.

12. Can you ice skate? I've only been like once or twice and I wasn't very good! I think I held onto the rail the whole time! Lol!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Yes! Last Christmas B got me an iPod Touch (before we had iPhones). It completely took me by surprise, I had NO idea! It was awesome!

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Getting together with family. Even though every family has their up's and down's for the most part at Christmas it's set aside for lots of fun and love.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Um, probably peppermint bark. It's SO good! I could eat loads of it!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Our TN trip! Seriously, I look forward to it starting in September when we book the cabin. It's just so much fun, lots of good fun, cold outings and just that great Christmas spirit.

17. What tops your tree? A silver wire star.

18. Which do your prefer, giving or receiving? I like receiving of course and I like to give but my only problem is I'm so bad at picking out gifts for people. Even people I know really well like my family. I'd rather us not give or get gifts at all so that I don't have to think about what to get everyone and worry if they really liked it or not.

19. Candy canes - yuck or yum? Yum! I like a few, I can only eat like a couple eat each season!

20. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas with Bing Crosby! Loved it growing up and I still think it's so magical!

21. Saddest Christmas song? Same Old Lang Syne by Dan Fogelberg (so sad but I still kinda love it!)

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas by Michael Buble'

No comments:

Post a Comment