Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Good Morning, Sunshine!


I honestly haven't had much to say lately. I'm staying fairly busy. This week I decided to spend most of my week at home. I've neglected my house for awhile now - usually just doing a quick run through and pick up, throwing a load of laundry in here and there in between being gone. But I decided this week I would do a cleanse and try to get my eating back on track. It seems I'm always trying lately and never being super successful. I guess because while I've been eating "bad" I haven't really gained any weight back so I haven't been as motivated to lose. I still need to lose about 10 more pounds but they don't seem like that big of a deal all the time. But I really do want to get back on track. So I started yesterday but with everything going on with my grandmother I was a little stressed and depressed and food is my go to comfort, and that's been my problem for awhile. So needless to say I didn't stick with my cleanse past lunch. I didn't over do it really although I had ice cream last night while I watched Valentine's Day. Such a cute movie and ice cream seemed the appropriate snack to go with it!
My grandmother hasn't passed as of this morning, she hasn't become conscious at all but she's still breathing on her own right now. I guess I'm feeling a little more hopeful this morning. I started my cleanse again today and I'm going to avoid going anywhere or doing anything today because I really need to stick with it. I did get a great work out in yesterday - Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. And I really pushed it too! I was proud of myself once it was over especially since I didn't feel like doing it at all. I'm getting ready to start Month 2 of Insanity. I don't like it as well, of course! The work outs are longer and harder. Whew. But I shouldn't gripe when I know people who are running 15 miles a day and biking 40-80 miles a day. I need to get back to running, I got lazy about it. I think I'm going to start running at the park instead of around the neighborhood. I can keep up with my distance and laps better on the track there, plus there are people around which I like. Alot of summer activities are going on at the park now - basketball, baseball, tennis, etc. Football practice will start soon and the park will be packed. I was re-inspired the other night when we were there with Gianna. There is a young guy that runs there, he's been running there for a long time. I see it almost every evening we go to the park. He is so steady and consistent. He doesn't even wear an iPod. He just runs, and runs, and runs. I like how tight I feel after running, so I think I'll get back to it soon.
I'm trying to get my creative juices flowing for some interesting blogs but so far I haven't come up with anything. I prefer ranting on my blog! Lol! Not really, I just speak honestly what's on my mind. I find if I don't I hold it all in and take it out on the people closest to me, on accident. I try to release stress as soon as possible so that I'm not letting it build up inside of me.
I will rant about on thing - I heard someone the other day griping because she had gone to a store to purchase an item of fairly significant value. The store she and her husband went to the "help" wasn't very helpful, rude in fact. She said she got upset about it and decided after trying the products on that she would go to a different store to purchase. Which I don't have a problem with, I've done the same thing. But here is what got me - she was going on and on about how rude the help was and she obviously felt she was "above" them as far as her attitude and theirs but then she concluded by saying her and her husband left the store leaving all the stuff they had tried on piled in the floor. I guess that was to teach the help a "lesson" - the only thing the "help" probably got out of that was that they were just as rude, unpleasant and mannerless as they were. I've found out that treating someone like they treat you doesn't prove to them anything nor does it teach them anything. It simply gives them a good view of you stooping to their level. It teaches people much more if you do the opposite of what they are doing to you. Be pleasant, kind and thoughtful and you'll find more often then not that people will shore up. If they don't, don't worry about it, you know you did what was right. Do I always do that? Of course not! I let my attitude get the best of me sometimes but I think sometimes I have too much pride to be truly rude and have an outburst in public. I know how I look at people flip out in public and I do not what to draw that kind of unpleasant attention to myself. I was in Wal-Mart yesterday looking at bikes - the animal section is right across and there was a young man waiting for some help with something. I heard them say over the loud speaker that someone needed help on the cat aisle. After 5 minutes of waiting I could tell he was getting upset....his girlfriend showed up and asked what was taking so long and he lost it! Slammed down the cat box he had, threw his hands up in the air and started ranting about *bleeping* worthless help, and he wasn't waiting any more *bleeping* time for anyone, etc. etc. I watched in amusement. He had no idea how stupid he looked to me and everyone else. And did it get him the help he wanted? Nope, not at all. Remember, readers, your attitude often greatly effects those around wether you realize it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment