Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sleepless Nights


Pretty much my whole life I have been a great sleeper! Lol! I'm not a super heavy sleeper but I wouldn't say I'm a light sleeper either. Somewhere in between which is nice....I need my sleep though, I do not do well on little to no sleep! I've always been early to bed and fairly early to rise - I have never understood people who stay up til 1 or 2 am and then sleep half the day away.No wonder they never have time for anything!

But the past two nights have been almost completely sleepless for me and it's wearing me out! Occasionally this happens to me, I don't know what triggers it, I haven't figured that out yet. But every once in a blue moon I have a few nights in a row where I just can't sleep. No matter how late I stay up, or how sleepy I feel, or anything. I can't get comfortable, I feel hot or really cold, restless and I just can't fall asleep. I kinda wonder in and out of a light sleep but most of that is full of weird, odd dreams that just wake me up and make what little sleep I get not worth much. Again, I have no idea what causes this, I do know that usually after a few nights it's gone. And I hope that happens soon. So far it's been two nights of this and I'm exhausted and frustrated already. The first night I thought maybe it was because I slept with Gigi due to a nasty storm going on, I didn't want her to wake up and be scared so I slept with her - no sleep for me that night - I figured it was a combo of sleeping with her and the storm. But then last night I slept in my own bed and again, I couldn't sleep! I kept hearing Gigi move around, the cat was snoring right next to me ( I think it's sweet he wants to sleep with me though!), it was hot but when I kicked off the covers I was cold, etc.

I think I finally fell asleep around 3 or 4 am after I got up and took Gigi a drink of water.....and then my alarm went off at 7am! Lol! I thought about cutting it off and sleeping some more but decided I couldn't afford it and had too much to do before leaving here at 10am for some errands. So here I am - up, sleepy and slightly head achy! But I'm hoping a healthy breakfast and a good work out will pull me out of my slump!

On a better note, the weather looks like it's clearing up, finally!!! I feel like it has been raining forever! I hate rain, I know it's a good thing but I hate how nasty it gets, everyone tracks in stuff on their shoes, the dog gets all wet and stinky, and it's impossible to do anything out and about with a child and not get soppy wet!!! So, I for one am really glad to see the clouds parting a bit this morning!!!!

If I drank coffee, I'd need some right about now.......

No comments:

Post a Comment