Thursday, October 21, 2010

Over the River and Through the Woods.....

Yesterday I spent the day at work with Beej - I've done it a couple of times and I always enjoy it! He drives a delivery truck so I ride with him and we just talk and laugh and enjoy time together and when he's out of the truck making deliveries I have a book a read. I managed to finish up Pet Sematary by Stephen King yesterday in between everything! We stopped for a quick lunch together too. Since Gigi is gone to Bama with my Mom we didn't have to be home by any certain time so we decided to truck down to Greenville after he got off work and attend the Eisley Over the River and Through the Woods tour! We kinda debated it because Beej had to work this morning and we knew he wouldn't get much sleep but he felt like it was important because Eisley is one of my favorite bands and Stacy Dupree is a hero of mine! And it was well worth it, at least for me, I don't know how Beej is going at work today - poor guy. I think he got about four hours of sleep last night. But the concert was great, not a lot of people. Maybe 100-150. Eisley said they didn't have a lot of fans in SC not to mention it was a week night too. But it was a fun, intimate show and we were right up front where we could see everything! Eisley's younger siblings, Christie and Collin Dupree, opened up first with a little acoustic, coffee house type set. Christie has a great voice, similar to Stacy's but not as soulful. After that a band that we hadn't heard a lot about opened, Ives the Band. We were BLOWN AWAY! They were incredible and I can't wait to get some of their music! They were just amazing, very talented, great music. After that Eisley was great too - more of a low key concert but great! Stacy's voice is so awesome and Sherri's is just a wonderful. I really, really enjoyed it! I'm glad I got to see them....very inspiring!

I am missing my girlie too - she's been gone since Monday night. But I've also enjoyed the time to myself and Beej too. I needed a little break - plus I know she's having fun visiting with the family and Ava and Emma.....she loves seeing her friends and that makes me happy! I've talked to her on the phone a few times and she says she misses me but she's having a blast too. She's getting independent and that makes me proud! I'm glad we've raised her secure enough in herself that she's already ok to be with me and her daddy for a few days. I love her so much and I can't wait to see her tomorrow evening! She got to spend some time with her cousin Ava and her new baby cousin Glavin. She got to hold him and help feed him and she just loved it! She just loves babies!!!

But for now I'm going to work out, feed the dog, do some laundry, start packing, clean up the trash the dog drug out, call my mother in law, call my dad and see if he can fix my "new" iPod that isn't working, vacuum the floors, etc. Whew. I'm tired already! Lol! And I have to fit some piano practice in there too since I have lessons tomorrow....gotta run, time is already getting away from me!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to go see Eisley with Beej! I am so sad I missed the concert....but ya know....life! Lol! Love the new background by the way, girl! Oh, and you've been tagged on my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete