Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's Wednesday...

It's Wednesday....not alot happened today. I spent the day hanging out on Facebook, finished reading Rose Madder by Stephen King (good book but the language was a bit much for me!), and I started Dolores Claiborne by the same......hung out with Gianna, she insisted on wearing her shoes all day and got mad when I took them off for nap time. She's done Ok without the sippy cup as far as sleeping but she still gets really mad when I won't let her have it in her crib. But she's waking up almost dry now! Which is a great thing, our goal for the potty training ahead!
I started "back" on my diet again today. I stuck with it steady for just over 3 weeks, eating right and walking at least 2-3 miles a day and I lost almost 12lbs. I was thrilled! Fitting in some jeans I haven't been able to but then I
"fell off the band wagon" and I've gained a few of those pounds back and I am unhappy with it, of course! So I started back today and did great - usually if I can get one day under my belt without "messing up" I know I'll be able to get back in the swing of things. I feel so much better when I'm eating right and exercising yet I can't seem to stick to it at all....I don't understand myself.
I still haven't written any new songs. I just don't seem to have the inspiration or the right words right now. I'm not sure what I'm looking for exactly. I know it isn't going to just fall in my lap but still.....I know I have so many things to write about but finding a way to say them that doesn't sound generic and overused is my problem.
Beej and the guys in Jupiter Wind are headlining a tour this fall called "A Night of Hope". I'm really excited for them! Their opening act is a young up and coming artist named Nate Huss. You can check his music out at myspace.com/natehuss. Great music, super talented and seems to have a great heart! I know the guys are looking forward to touring with him. He has a beautiful wife and an adorable baby girl!
The trailer is out for the movie New Moon which is set to hit theaters November 20th! I am beyond excited and thrilled! I read the Twilight Series around the beginning of the year and fell in love with them! I think the Twilight movie was amazing but the book was so much better! I know that alot of Christians jumped on the "Twilight Bashers train" but I think people should read it before they go judging it. It's a beautiful love story between two people who have to overcome differences and difficulties to make their relationship work. It's clean and a simple love story that will touch anyone's heart. I know alot of people are worried that their daughters will have "false expectations" of a man if they read about the character Edward. But I think we need to encourage love in the right time and right place. I don't think that Edward and Bella encourage anything but simple, open love for another person. I love a good love story and this one to me is perfect!!! My best friend adn I already have a girl's night out planned to see the next movie out!!!
Well I am off to bed....another day tomorrow. Not much planned but Thursday evening starts the weekend for us! Beej only has one more week officially at his "job"!!! Changes are happening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment