Sunday, June 14, 2009

As time goes by....


Today is really sunk it that one of my dearest and long time friend, Rebecca is really getting married Saturday! I am so thrilled for her! I know that this has been a long time coming and even though she's had a rough few weeks planning her big day I know that come Saturday she'll be so happy to see it all come together! She will be beautiful and radiant bride....I wish her and her hubby-to-be, Jamie, all the best! I grew up with Becca, we talked many hours as young girls about our wedding day.....I didn't have a wedding and Becca is realizing how hard it is to put one together! I guess this is probably the closest I've ever been to a bride....Becca of course asked me to be in the wedding and I agreed at first but realized that right now I couldn't do it financially or time wise and I didn't feel I could put all the effort into being a good Matron of Honor as I should so I relinquished the position to someone else....*sniffle* I'm a little sad I did though now....but I know it will be a galent and wonderful wedding party! I am eager and thrilled for Saturday to be here! Tonight we had her Lingerie Shower, and even though most of her guests didn't show, we had fun! I had my first alcoholic drink (thanks, Becca!!). It was Ok, I'm not the drinking type though....it was something like Gin & Tonic with a big of Sprite for taste! She had me try her beverage spiked with rum and I nearly gagged on that!!! Haha!
Tomorrow I get the awesome privilege of going on the "road" with Beej and his band for a couple of days! They are going to be doing music for a camp this week in Boone, NC. I'm going along for the ride and a mini vacation! Gianna is staying with her Janou while we're gone and I know she'll have fun playing in the pool and spending time with her aunt and uncles as well....I thank God that my mom is so willing and able to keep Gianna all the time for Beej and I. I don't know what I would do without the breaks! And they are even better when I know I can trust who she is with!
I'm tired and ready to call it a day already at 9pm! I think I'll go relax and watch a little TV or read......

No comments:

Post a Comment