Saturday, June 27, 2009

It's a beautiful day outside! The sun is shining and the birds are chirping! Lovely day for a wedding! I am attending an outdoor wedding at a local "plantation" this afternoon. It's the wedding of a guy I dated briefly years and years ago but we moved past that a long time ago and I hardly remember dating him at all. He kinda became a family friend after we ended out short term "relationship". I am thrilled for him and his bride! She seems like a super sweet girl and they've been together for four years now. I think it's going to be a lovely, HUGE wedding and I'm looking forward to it. I think it will have all the southern charm it can hold! I love weddings, any kind really! The romance and tenderness, good wishes, etc. It all just makes me wanna tear up - I'm a helpless romantic!
My dear husband comes home today - I am so excited! Even though he just left on Monday I feel like he has been gone forever. He'll be home for a week or two I think before he's gone again for two weeks. We have family from his side coming up in two weeks, we're going to spend some time with them at a cabin up in Lake Lure. I'm very excited to see them again! It's kinda an early celebration for my mother-in-law's birthday too. It'll be nice to have a little "mini" vaca with them though....
Gianna is in her "big girl" bed now! After searching and pricing toddler beds I realized I needed to find another route for us. So I started analyzing her crib and realized I could remove the front sliding rail and it would be a toddler/day bed for her! So with a little help from my sister and a lot of wrangling with my screw driver I got if off and set up for her! She has been thrilled with it, since she can get in and out of it by herself! She seems so grown up now, so far she's napped and slept in it and she hasn't fallen out or complained or anything! Next we're off to get underwear for potty training and a booster seat so we can get rid of her high chair which she just seems to big for lately! It's so neat, and a little sad too, to see how fast she's growing and changing everyday. I see now why people keep having kids, because they love that baby stage so much they just want to keep reliving it over and over! Lol, but I am looking ahead and seeing what the future holds and I don't want to be dealing with a little baby while trying to see Gianna through whatever lies ahead! I have never once regretted my decision to have my tubes tied after her, and I don't forsee that ever happening. I realize with the life style we've chosen (Beej being on the road alot and hopefully me with him one day.....) one child is plenty!!! Gianna is the light of our life and we enjoy every minute with her and we will for the rest of her life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment