Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sickness that won't go away....

This little kiddo is sick, sick, sick and I'm started to actually get really worried about her. She's been on her new antibiotic long enough that I feel like there should be at least a little improvement and there's not. If anything she seems worse today then she did yesterday. Still running a fever, still can't breathe, still has a nasty cough, her eyes are puffy and bloodshot and she's started complaining about her joints in her legs hurting today. I'm getting really concerned. I think this goes beyond two bad ear infections but of course the pediatricians won't listen to me. Just like they did when I KNEW she had kidney reflux but they let her get sick enough to go to the hospital before they'd agree and check her out for it. So as much as I hate it I think I'm going to take her to the ER tomorrow and get them to run some blood work and see what the heck is going on. She's already telling me she doesn't want to go to school tomorrow and I know it's because she's feeling so bad right now. If she isn't noticeably better in the morning I'm keeping her home and taking her to the ER. I dread them poking and sticking her with needles especially since she's so scared but her pediatricians won't take it seriously and I'm ready for some action to be taken. Especially with her birthday on Wednesday and her party on Saturday. I don't want her sick all week again and I really don't want her missing more school. She's already missed a week.

But I'm exhausted. Physically and emotionally. It's so hard to sit back and watch her feel so miserable. Listening to her trying to breathe while she sleeps, watching her moan and groan because she aches and her head hurts. It's just draining. Not to mention trying to keep her comfortable, make sure she's getting enough rest, fixing her drinks trying to keep her hydrated and get her to eat and blow her nose every 5 minutes. I've measured and poured so much medicine in the past week it's nuts! Plus I seem to have an allergy thing going on or something - itchy throat and headache.

Beej woke up this morning sick. He seems to have some sort of stomach bug and has been in bed all day trying to get well enough to go to work tomorrow. The house just feels depressing and heavy and well, sick. I'm just ready for this to be over and for Gianna to be well again. Please pray for her and me. Mainly for her though. I just need wisdom on the next step to take. I don't want to over react but at the same time I feel like I've given this plenty of time for antibiotics to kick in and start working and I just personally feel this is more then just ear infections. She's had ear infections before and an antibiotic kicked it right now. But this time around it doesn't seem to be working. I'm just confused on what to do next for her.


  1. Oh no! :( Poor thing, I hope that if she isn't better in the morning they can find out what is really wrong with her. Have you thought about going to another doctor for her? I know it isn't always an option but if this one isn't listening to you...might be something to look into. I'm praying for you all. I don't think you're overreacting. It could be something serious (although hopefully not!), and if you wait to long it might just get worse. Or it could turn into something serious if you wait.

  2. Is she feeling better now or did you end up taking her in? Poor kid :(